GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
Arin@APR
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• There's no reason they can't diagnose your issue further, even if you're chipped.

If I understand correctly, you took the car to the dealership because you had a CEL? And you have a Vag-com? What's the fault code?
    Arin, please read my story below and let me know if you can help in any way. Is this complete BS that the dealer cannot find the problem since I'm tuned?!

Ok so very bad news and don't know where to start... Molle VW is very much NOT MOD FRIENDLY! First the SA came out to ask me if maybe I had let the tank get too low recently before refueling and yes I do have the tendency to do that. He thought maybe some material in the fuel tank/lines triggered the CEL if the tank was low. He was friendly and seemed to think it would be a quick fix. Fast forward about 1.5 hours later he comes out again this time very stern and told me that because I was tuned/modified they COULD NOT GET INTO THE ECU FURTHER TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM. He informed me that I would need to go completely back to stock or they would not even look into my problem further. I called BS on this and informed him that many other forum members have had warranty repairs while tuned and they should be able to read my ECU (hell I can read it with Vagcom!!!). They were not budging one bit.

I have consulted another dealer (will not name) and they will help me only if Molle did not flag my car as modded in the VW national system. Any techs on here now the likelihood that maybe they didn't flag my car?!...I'm guessing they probably did. This other dealer will diagnose and fix my car under warranty if they can see if my car has not been flagged...they want to wait a few days to see if the VIN shows up as flagged. They said that it may take several business days since the system is slow to update.

Meanwhile I have talked to my father in law who has dealt with Molle for years on countless new car purchases and is very good friends with a long-time salesman there. He also knows the owner to some extent and is going to inform them of what happened, not knowing if it will do any good.

So basically I may be screwed and have to go back to stock just to get something fixed that could be as simple as a sensor or fuel filter repair...

Arin at APR if you are listening is this BS about the dealer not being able to "look further" into my ECU since it's tuned? That seems like total BS and the other dealer basically said that it was. Molle lied to me since they didn't want to fix my car period.

I know pay to play, etc, etc, but this is bull shits man.
    Rich, on stage 1 I don't believe you need to worry about clutch slippage if you're not launching the car hard, or beating on the clutch. We maintain a relatively flat torque curve in comparison to what the turbo is capable of, so it's easier on the system.

If you do plan to upgrade the turbo, a clutch is likely in you future. Some are able to get away with simply replacing the Disc, while others replace the entire system for maximum performance.

All in all Stage 1 should be good on the factory clutch.
    Hey Arin, new to the forum and to my '12 GTI (manual). I've been reading about the APR tune and I'm VERY interested, but I'm a little concerned about the posts claiming 'clutch slippage'. Is this a common thing? I don't want to start a domino effect of spending and or problems. Any feedback you have on this topic is much appreciated!
    Arin my dealer told me that my ecu is grounded..car was diagnosed my linden reydel and redline itself..went o redline for it stg1..cel has been on before but now car seems to have lost power and not accelerating properly..shifting has been terrible too..any other way to save my ecu?to replace it from lindenvw is like 1500$..
    Arin, I have a 2011 GTI. I have the stage I tune, with stock, 91, 93 and 100 octane tunes, and security lockout with the 4-digit code. Confirm for me, please - there is no way to TELL what program is active, is that correct? You can go in and change the program to what you want - that is the way of making sure you have what you want active - but if you forget what program you have running, there is no way to just unlock the thing and query the ECU as to what program it's running - is that right?
    Two questions about your DP for a VW MK6 GTI 2.0TSI. One what is the outside diameter and how much longer is it compared to the stock DP?
    Fizor, please give him the file name I gave you in a PM. It just says [Stock Non-Testpipes] at the end.
    Hello Arin,

Hope you are well. I just spoke to Matt @ GMP Performance in Charlotte, NC about updating my APR STG2 to the "new" APR flash that would allow the stock tune to truly be stock; no block on the 2nd o2 sensor so i can pass inspection. He said he would be more than glad to issue the update, but requested that you send him the file code so he will know which one to use from the server.

Thanks!

-Devin

QUOTE=Arin@APR;660586 - Right now we can do this on request. Some of the files are already available, but going forward I've asked my EE's to do this on all files. Basically, stock is stock (No testpipe modifications), and all the performance modes are testpipe files. So when you switch to stock mode, every test will run and pass/fail based on your hardware configuration. When you are in chipped mode, no cel for testpipes.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…