GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ben_m

1. B

Free Lugnuts and caps

I have stock lugnuts, with locking nut and caps for free. Sold the car so I don’t need them anymore. pm me if interested FREE!!
  2. B

2012 GTI DSG 4Door for Sale Long Island NY

price lowered to 9200
  3. B

2012 GTI DSG 4Door for Sale Long Island NY

Hi all, I just picked up a Lexus IS so my time with the GTI just come to a close. 2012 GTI 4door with DSG and convince/sunroof. Black ext and plaid interior. All service at VW huntington Long Island. DSG flush every 40k Timing chain + Tensioner around 60k On the revised Water Pump/Intake...
  4. B

Thinking of selling, questions on pricing etc?

Hey all, I've had my MKVI for 10 years now, i've throughly enjoyed it especially last few years as its been paid off and running trouble free. However I find myself at the point in my life I'm ready to move on. Its a 2012 Black w/ DSG. 91,500 miles (No Mods). Interior is cloth and in...
  5. B

VW Detroit wheels w/ tires

FWIW those rims arent worth squat. Maybe $400 to someone looking to go back to stock before selling. Not trying to flame your post just setting your expectations.
  6. B

Thoughts on Monroe Heavy Duty for GTI

Thanks for the input everyone. It seems my next step is to call some other shops and get some quotes/input. I could probably tackle the rears myself but I'm not willing to dive into the fronts unless I had help w/ someone whose done it a few times.
  7. B

yes, I was eyeing the Bilstein's. Sachs would be fine also. The point the shop was making is when you take apart the coil-over to replace the strut it never seems to go back the way you intended. I'm thinking I'll need to look at others shops. just annoying cuz the one is walkable from my...
  8. B

Yes not sure if I want to go with Monroe’s, problem is most coilover sets lower the car which I don’t want to do. Maybe I’ll get the shop to do the fronts and track a buddy down to do the rears myself which will save 300ish. and yes I know the cars should be driven more. Having 3 kids under...
  9. B

The labor was around $600. The shock assembly was $450 for front and $200 rear plus end links. But the fronts are the coilers and not just the struts. I do agree it seems steep. Maybe i'l just have them or someone else do the fronts and tackle the rears w/ a friend
  10. B

Looking to replace my Shocks as I am at 84,000miles. I got a quote of around $1500 (parts/labor) for the Monroe Heavy Duty setup. Full assembly not sure the shocks. Anyone have any experience with the Monroe's? Usually, I associated them with a lower quality setup but the guy was swearing by...
  11. B

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

Seafoam and CatchCan wont do squat to fix the Carbon Buildup. You should have paid them the $150 or so to get the carbon cleaning done. Then you would be good for 4-5years at a min.
  12. B

Oil in the air filter 😞

Check out AEF DryFlow Filters. They are cone shaped but use no oil and are washable.
  13. B

Need Help With DSG

I get that, I meant more with normal use and routine 40K DSG service intervals the transmission unit should last for about the life of the motor
  14. B

Need Help With DSG

What does the clutch replacement cost on the DSG? I thought unit could last pretty much the life of the unit?