GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BosnianBreakfast

1. B

Enkei GT7s & Federal 595RSRR track wheels and tires

Since no one has bit on this yet, would you be open to exploring shipping options?
  2. B

Anyone using 235 width tires on Laguna/Watkins glen rims (18x7.5) ?

Yeah I figured, alright I'll stick with 225. Probably end up getting some PS4s's for spirited daily driving and occasional autox
  3. B

Anyone using 235 width tires on Laguna/Watkins glen rims (18x7.5) ?

I know 225 is the recommended size for 18x7.5 wheels, but I want to try 235 tires for help putting down K04 power. Is it safe?
  4. B

DELETE

DELETE
  5. B

Softest durometer dogbone mount insert?

I'm willing to bet you have a manual transmission? It seems like all the dsg guys have NVH across the board both with autotech/034 billets and poly inserts. Something about the partial clutch engagement the dsg is always doing
  6. B

Yes, engine and trans mounts do, but dogbone inserts tend to give slightly less than mounts. I'm also planning on trimming off some of the poly- which according to a number of people across the forums makes NVH non-existent.
  7. B

Did you keep the 034 lower mount billet after you installed that? Yeah it does but apparently if you trim the poly stubs off, the NVH is basically nonexistent while still adding some stiffening (modshack mod)
  8. B

I read that the 034 billet still caused some massive NVH for DSG equipped cars. I planned on doing the modshack modification/trim on a poly insert, just trying to find the softest one and work from there
  9. B

The lowest I could find is Neuspeed's 65a red insert. Is there a 60a durometer insert out there?
  10. B

Does the 2013 GTI use Bosch brakes?

I'm interested in purchasing these SS brake lines for my 2013 mk6. I just want to confirm that these will be compatible since it looks like they only work with "Bosch" brake calipers. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/front-rear-exact-fit-stainless-steel-brake-lines-kit/1km698004/
  11. B

Does anyone have Maxton diffuser V2

I think that's the V1, looks good though! Might just end up going with that one over the V2
  12. B

Does anyone have Maxton diffuser V2

There doesn't seem to be a single picture (outside of the actual product page) of a mk6 with this diffuser. Does anyone have pictures with this on their car? Can't decide between v1 and v2
  13. B

Do mounts cause as much NVH as a torque arm/dogbone insert?

I'm sure some people might get used to it. Based on hundreds of different testimonials throughout the forums and reddit, it seems like it really comes down to personal tolerance to NVH. That being said, I feel like my tolerance is low... I purchased a GTI because of how refined it felt compared...
  14. B

Ok thanks for the input everyone. I'll definitely stick with stock mounts and forget about an insert.
  15. B

I'm trying to improve traction and reduce wheel hop without introducing too much NVH. I'm convinced a dogbone insert would cause too much NVH for my liking, so I was thinking about getting engine and trans mounts. I also have a DSG if that changes anything.