GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BudgetPhoenix

1. B

For those running Beluga Racing DPs

I've fucked around with probably like 3 chinese downpipes including the beluga they all sounded pretty similar like a sputtery rattely sound it kinda sucked lol. I really thought it was an exhaust leak for the longest time and chased it. I even doubled up the gaskets on the beluga and it sounded...
  2. B

For those running Beluga Racing DPs

I've experienced this with multiple chinese downpipes I think its just the cheap thin metal that makes the resonance that's sounds rattlely. I welded in a 300 cell cat into one and it helped a lot
  3. B

Oil sweat on engine/parts of engine

That's dirt and dust sticking to thin coat of oil
  4. B

Look at your lower and upper timing covers. You can see where oil has been coming down from above on that side of the engine
  5. B

K04 vs K04-X

The stock EA888 gen 1 turbo is an IHI
  6. B

Does anyone know where I can find this part?

I feel like he's not literally saying the car is shutting off?
  7. B

Really could be from anything due to gravity but most common leak spots are upper timing cover gasket, lower timing cover rtv gasket, oil pan rtv gasket and of course the cam girdle sealant. When I had an upper timing cover gasket leak it coated the entire back of my block in oil and collected...
  8. B

Where at on the engine? Theres a few common problem areas on these engines
  9. B

Does anyone know where I can find this part?

I had a similar problem like that, ended up being a faulty MAP sensor. I would just be accelerating like normal then sudden jerk and loss of power then it would accelerate normally again it was pretty jarring. I think I had an intermittent soft code for it though
  10. B

K04 vs K04-X

The actual oem BW k04 doesnt fit without heavy modifications. The turbo muffler outlet needs to be hacked off, and cold side housing needs to modified to fit the DV. That's what all manufacturers of these kits do.
  11. B

K04 vs K04-X

Does CTS still make a kit that uses the modified OEM borg warner?
  12. B

Another CBFA Downpipe Post

For those in Cali don't forget the visual inspection component of the smog test. (if they do it right) You'll fail automatically for the aftermarket downpipe or even just O2 spacers. Another reason to just toss on the OEM downpipe and flash back to stage 1 or stock every 2 years. One reason I...
  13. B

Bigger volume oil filter... ?

People have been running these engines 500 I don't know how you would even be able to quantify the effect if there is any. Anyway people have been running these engines across different platforms for over a decade on all sorts of builds, big turbo etc with the stock oil filter its not an issue
  14. B

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts

Theres a plug on the opposite side of the engine you may be able remove to tap it out. See:
  15. B

Broken manifold stud, Advice..FML

Others have reinstalled the turbo missing a nut and have been fine. There's really not many options with that stud. If its broken off far enough most will suggest, removing head, removing engine or removing the dogbone and fans and attempting to rotate the engine far forward as possible to give...