GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by butthead123

1. B

FS: VWR MK6 GTI Golf R GLI Suspension Strut Shocks Koni Special Active FSD

Located in Queens NYC. $280 Suspension has about 20k miles. I am parting out my car which is why I am selling. Suspension works and rebounds 100% Koni Special active front struts and rear shocks with mounting hardware Fits many volkswagen and Audi vehicles like VW Golf GTI R Audi A3 Front...
  2. B

VWR MK6 GTI Golf R GLI Suspension Strut Shocks Koni Special Active FSD

Located in Queens NYC Suspension has about 20k miles. I am parting out my car which is why I am selling. Suspension works and rebounds 100% Koni Special active front struts and rear shocks with mounting hardware Fits many volkswagen and Audi vehicles like VW Golf GTI R Audi A3 Front struts...
  3. B

FS: VWR Racingline lowering Sport Springs for MK6 Golf R MK5 R32 Jetta VWR31G60R

Located in Queens NYC. Prefer local but would be willing to ship at buyer's expense Racingline Sport Springs Part #: VWR31G60R For MK6 Golf R, MK5 R32, MK5 MK6 Jetta and other similar weight vehicles $160
  4. B

FS: VWR Racingline lowering Sport Springs for MK6 Golf R MK5 R32 Jetta VWR31G60R

Located in Queens NYC. Prefer local but would be willing to ship at buyer's expense Racingline Sport Springs Part #: VWR31G60R For MK6 Golf R, MK5 R32, MK5 MK6 Jetta and other similar weight vehicles $160
  5. B

Broken Golf R

So the IE intake collapsing was the issue?
  6. B

2013 Volkswagen gti timing warranty?

$2500 for just a timing chain replacement? Sounds a little much but i did the job myself as a DIY. Check out other independent shops and shop around. At the end of the day you are not dealing with a full engine replacement at the moment that would cost you way more.
  7. B

MK6 GTI K04 on E30 vs. Supra

definitely the bowling balls
  8. B

fs: apr carbonio intake

sold.
  9. B

Timing tensioner capacity?

I'd say you really need to follow this as a first step and monitor the resulting value before you eventually perform the timing chain job.
  10. B

Mk6 Gti Bov to gfb DV

maybe just buy the latest oem revision diverter valve? if you are tuned, a lot of vendors calibrate their tunes with the stock DV. I dont have any experience with the gfb dv
  11. B

Going K04 2011 gti cbfa

just passed with an o2 spacer on a downpipe with a cat. giac extreme file
  12. B

master water/meth discussion thread

anyone experience issues with the snow vc50 progressive controller that also acts as a boost gauge? They seem to not handle in-cabin heat very well and would be curious to hear if anyone have experienced this
  13. B

Boost Building then hesitates K04

maybe remove the dv+ and go back to oem. most folks seem to not have issues with the dv+ but some do
  14. B

Battery side piece not installed

that piece secures the battery to the car... it's probably fine to drive but your battery might be rattling around. remove the plastic shroud around the battery and see if you can just bolt it down yourself if you can
  15. B

Should i tune my stock mk6 R?

This doesn't sound right and I feel that your downshifting problem should get looked into more and addressed first before you drop a penny into any of the above modifications.