GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Chemphill

1. C

Oil leak help

Sorry about not responding, got busy this weekend and I’ve been traveling a lot for work. Gonna take it into a shop this weekend and see what they recommend. If it’s just the upper cover I’m probably just gonna do it myself!
  2. C

Oil leak help

changing my oil this weekend and saw this... any ideas???
  3. C

New noise in my 2012 mk6 gti

No, they wanted to charge 400 for it. I asked them how it looked and if they would recommend to change it now or wait. I was told it looked fine for the mileage... tempted to just buy some and do it myself
  4. C

Here’s a video I found on the internet. this one is a mk7 but I’m having this exact same noise...
  5. C

Was limited on money and time so I just went with the stock clutch... stupid I know but like I said I needed the car back as soon as possible . I’ve heard most people said it’s probably just the belt or possibly a pulley. Who knows I’m still pretty new to this vw world 😂
  6. C

So I’ve had the car for about 3 months now. Over the past month I’ve noticed this whine noise on rpm increase. In gear or neutral. I’m currently at a little under 71,000 mi. Just got the clutch done due at 68,000 mi. Replaced the PCV valve which ended with AH and the diverter Valve at about...
  7. C

Hit some roadkill this morning...,

On my way to work this morning it was super dark and raining. Was coming over a hill and there was a nice sized animal, possibly a small deer that was in the middle of the road. Couldn’t do anything but slow down to about 50 and run it over.... sounded like I hit a pot hole so I’m pretty...
  8. C

FIXED:What is this noise!!!

UPDATE: Sorry for taking so long got super busy with work and forgot all about it. Boost leak found the pipe clamp on the inlet side I believe came loose. Checked all the O-Rings and they looked fine. Weird
  9. C

Getting under the car tomorrow morning, hoping worst case a pipe cracked or split. There’s a vw dealer close to my place so worst case I can just run over there and get replacements. Appreciate the help!
  10. C

Heard from other could of caused my ic to crack or get damaged. You think that could be a possibility?
  11. C

2012 mk6 GTI, 63k just bought used. About 2 weeks after I got it the dogbone mount bolt came out and unfortunately had to drive it home as careful as I could. Got a new one in and it’s all fixed. Couple days ago on my way home from work I noticed a hissing noise on more than 30% throttle when I...
  12. C

FIXED:Just got a used mk6, am I just worried or is something wrong?

UPDATE: found that the torque mount bolt came loose, couldn’t get under the car bc of where I am and what I have on hand but it’s completely gone. Also looks like it could be gear fluid leaking. It’s a grayish black color coming from right around that area. Checked the oil just to be sure and...
  13. C

I’m gonna call the dealer after I’m off today to get some more information and see if they can put it on a lift and find if anything is loose... really hoping that the car wasn’t beat on, I checked the car fax and it looked well taken care of but who knows.
  14. C

Thinking that’s what it would be but I’m gonna call the dealer and see if they can check check that as well as the trans fluid, thank you!
  15. C

I’m gonna call the dealer today and get more information thank you!