GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by damiennn

1. damiennn

2012 Golf R Traction Control Light

probably just breaking traction ..
  2. damiennn

Engine cover

Just pull on it slowly but firmly.. it will pop out. You wont break anything.
  3. damiennn

2012 Golf R pics

4. damiennn

When did you let go of your MK6?

Just nuts and bolts man .. all replaceable & fixable. Only question is how much do you like your car, I guess .. I'm personally never selling mine, as I dont like all the new tech / ipads on dashboards, etc. Just keepin up with the maintenance.
  5. damiennn

Overheating issues

I thought tstats get stuck in open position, when they fail (?).. if you are replacing the tstat, may as well replace the water pump too to be on the safe side.
  6. damiennn

Xenon replacement

dont think so .. I have not seen them. Maybe try & refurbish the old set?
  7. damiennn

Xenon replacement

I still have my Mk6 R OEM xenon housings.. as I swapped mine with euro Golf R Mk6 units with black bezels. they have about 40K of driving on them, but still in good shape, although they dont have the weird little square LEDs. New ones are $1380 from ECS, I think.. you can have mine for $650 (+...
  8. damiennn

Looking for Mk6 Golf R Euro Recaro Seats

ping me if you are thinking of selling ..
  9. damiennn

Saw These Leather Driving Shoes...

vans are good too, but a bit wider than chucks, & so may be easier to heel/toe with chucks IMO
  10. damiennn

no additional anything. just a plain pair of low cut chuck taylors. that's all.. they worked so much better than the fancy pair of driving moccasins I tried using on my drive from NJ to Wookies in the Woods in TN .. after about 4 hours or so was getting foot cramps cause my foot was moving...
  11. damiennn

I tried a pair of 'driving moccasins' while bringing out my inner Clarkson .. was getting foot cramps due to lack of support. Switched to a simple pair of low cut all-star converse sneakers. No more cramps / tons of pedal grip.. they work really well & they are cheap. 🍻
  12. damiennn

Pic Request 255-35-18x9 ET 40-45

Again, fantastic info.. thank you! (y) Think I should be Ok..
  13. damiennn

Pic Request 255-35-18x9 ET 40-45

This is GOLD, man.. thank you. Cheers! Now the only Q is whether 18x9 w/a 255 will fit without touching the strut with ET 45? Not very concerned with height as I'm on Ohlins R&T & they dont go low.