GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by demon342

1. D

Maxing out the 1.4 twincharge project

What kind of numbers are you expected to push?
  2. D

Coilovers for the R

Would you consider them for some autocrossing? Is the ride any sifter?
  3. D

Coilovers for the R

The shop I went to said that a cup kit and springs with shocks already cost the price of coilovers so why not get coilovers for adjustable height. I looked it up to confirm and they were right. I also haven't seen too many good reviews on like VWR springs and shocks, but thank you for confirming...
  4. D

Coilovers for the R

Do I really need adjustable dampening? The shop I went to recommended ST coilovers which don't have adjustable dampening but they said they've installed it on other Golf R's and they've been happy. I do daily drive this car with occasional spirited driving every week but I'm a perfectionist and...
  5. D

WTB Candy White Hood

ooo thats a lot of rust my guy but thank you for replying!
  6. D

High coolant temps

Update: drove for about 15 minutes then checked the fans at idle and they were running and stopped/started when my temps were above/below 190. Drove for about another 20-30 minutes and noticed my temps rising again going past 200 and not stopping. Checked the fans and they weren't running????
  7. D

High coolant temps

Hey Everyone Went through the whole summer with 90+ degree days and I never had a coolant issue or heard my fans turn on after turning off my car until yesterday which was only about 65-70 ambient temp. About an hour later I drove the car and kept an eye on my coolant temps and driving around...
  8. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Ended up taking it to a shop and they replaced the gaskets and security torx
  9. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Soooo I replaced the valve and it's still leaking. Looks like it's from that cap with the 2 security bits and the last owner stripped one of them YAY. Anyone know where I can buy a gasket and 2 new bolts??? Part numbers???
  10. D

Cam Follower Mistake

Hey Folks, made a whoopsie and rounded off the schrader valve on the HPFP for my golf R. We tried putting a 12mm wrench on it (originally a 13) and it still rounded off. I saw someone said use a socket instead of wrench so we'll try that I guess but whats behind those 2 security torx bits? If I...
  11. D

WTB Candy White Hood

There seems to be a lot of those floating around. I'm looking for specifically candy white, ty tho
  12. D

WTB Candy White Hood

I need a candy white hood. Any condition is probably better than what I'm sporting right now. Interested in black or carbon fiber hoods as well if price and location is right
  13. D

Hood replacement

It's a motorcycle gsxr 1000, nice bike shitty stand
  14. D

Hood replacement

Plenty to choose from. None are candy white unfortunately
  15. D

Hood replacement

My buddy's kick stand on his bike fell off on the highway and hit my candy white hood and dented it. Can I use a mk5 gti or Jetta hood on my mk6? The hoods look very similar and would widen my search a bit more