GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by demon342

1. D

Golf R crate engine

07k swap it!
  2. D

DELETE

I'll keep it short and simple, looking for an OEM gear shift lever and also the relay lever for an Mk6 GTI show me what you got
  3. D

Low oil pressure warning

Worn bearings replaced the engine for 5k with labor. Then crashed the car a few months later. Don't bother replacing the engine, if you are let it sit and save the money to build it and don't be a moron like me
  4. D

FREE : Winter wheels and tires

Location?
  5. D

MK6 Golf rear view camera for MIB2 RCD330 and aftermarket radios

can I get a part number to confirm fitment? I have an R with stock radio but want to double check
  6. D

Oil leak

Gasket finally replaced, decided to do the valve cover as well because I heard humble mechanic say that it could be cracked around the oil fill neck as well as other places so I said fuck it and its not leaking anymore but the timing belt seems to be slapping the upper timing cover on cold starts
  7. D

Oil leak

Haven't gotten a chance too, dogs ate through the new gasket I had left on the table so I gotta order another one. Also I suspect the valve cover its self is cracked since there's oil in the spark plug and screw divot area even if its not cracked its probably original and its apart of the PCV...
  8. D

Oil leak

What up folks, got a nasty oil leak. Started seeing smoke from the engine and popped the hood and saw this. I took it to a shop previously who couldn't find the oil leak due to oil being everywhere. They recommended a valve cover gasket which I have but it looks like the lower valve cover gasket...
  9. D

Maxing out the 1.4 twincharge project

What kind of numbers are you expected to push?
  10. D

Coilovers for the R

Would you consider them for some autocrossing? Is the ride any sifter?
  11. D

Coilovers for the R

The shop I went to said that a cup kit and springs with shocks already cost the price of coilovers so why not get coilovers for adjustable height. I looked it up to confirm and they were right. I also haven't seen too many good reviews on like VWR springs and shocks, but thank you for confirming...
  12. D

Coilovers for the R

Do I really need adjustable dampening? The shop I went to recommended ST coilovers which don't have adjustable dampening but they said they've installed it on other Golf R's and they've been happy. I do daily drive this car with occasional spirited driving every week but I'm a perfectionist and...
  13. D

WTB Candy White Hood

ooo thats a lot of rust my guy but thank you for replying!
  14. D

High coolant temps

Update: drove for about 15 minutes then checked the fans at idle and they were running and stopped/started when my temps were above/below 190. Drove for about another 20-30 minutes and noticed my temps rising again going past 200 and not stopping. Checked the fans and they weren't running????
  15. D

High coolant temps

Hey Everyone Went through the whole summer with 90+ degree days and I never had a coolant issue or heard my fans turn on after turning off my car until yesterday which was only about 65-70 ambient temp. About an hour later I drove the car and kept an eye on my coolant temps and driving around...