GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dietpeachfresca

1. D

Looking for the part that lights up the selected gear for the shifter on an automatic

Older cars have a light bulb there, but I popped off the trim piece around the shifter, and it looks like it's a small circuit board of some sort. I didn't want to pull the board out, until I can make sure I can get a replacement. But even at night, I can barely see which gear I've selected...
  2. D

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Do I need to use some sort of whacky european brake fluid on the golf?
  3. D

Maybe I'll just hit it with some rust reformer. How does that stuff work? I wouldn't have to sand it down to the bare metal? Also, unrelated, do these cars been when it drops below 40 degrees? I just got beeped at, and the temp on the dash was flashing. Scared me for a second.
  4. D

That's what I thought. I'll swap it out before I hit my next oil change.
  5. D

How thick is the metal on the oil drain pan? I got under the golf for the first time the other day, to change the oil. Everything looked good underneath, no rust at all, except a worrisome amount of rust on the oil pan. I figured that I would put in a new pan next time I change the oil, but...
  6. D

I had just gotten the golf, 2013 and still had the original battery in it. So yeah, shit battery for sure. When the battery died, I just had a cheap little 12v tapped into the fuse, with nothing in the 12v at all.
  7. D

That's good to know about the fuse box, I'll have to spend some time in it to make sure I get the right diagram. I just popped it in F34, that's either electric seats or lumbar support. It didn't have a fuse in there, and I don't think I have lumbar support. Plugged the tap in, and my phone...
  8. D

Yeah, my grocery-getter has hot 12v, and I often leave my phone charging all day when I am at work, no issues with that ever. How did you wire your dashcam up? Did you go into the fuse box?
  9. D

First I was trying to add an always on cigarette lighter into the glovebox so I could charge my phone if the car isn't on. But I just ordered a dash cam, it has a motion sensor for when it's parked, but it needs constant power for that to work. It's not a huge deal if I can't use that mode...
  10. D

Yeah, that's why I don't really want to go back into that fuse. The fuse diagram I printed didn't have #35 listed, but another diagram says #35 is Suspension control module
  11. D

What is a good constant 12v in the interior fuse box to tap? A few weeks ago, I went into #35, there wasn't a fuse there, and was a hot 12v, but it was killing my battery in just a few hours. Not even with anything hooked up to the outlet that I added. I have since gotten a new battery, but...
  12. D

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Still settling in with my new-to-me 2013 2.5l. Last week I put in a new, bigger battery, the stock one was still in the car. Changed the air filters, swapped the plugs and coils. Just those few things and it feels like a new car. I had a feeling that I was burning a lot of gas when idle, so...
  13. D

Ok cool, thanks. Just wanted to make sure one wasn't better than the other before I bought a set. A different question. Does the MK6 move the front wipers when you start/stop the car? I noticed that they are up higher when I'm driving it, then it seems to move them down a few mm when I turn...
  14. D

Without rubber https://www.ecstuning.com/b-nfis-original-equipment-parts/ignition-coil-priced-each/06e905115e~brp/ With rubber https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-parts/ignition-coil-priced-each/06e905115f~bos/
  15. D

If I have a choice, are metal coils better, or the ones with the rubber insolation around the metal legs?