GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by drval85

1. D

Need advice for replacing catalytic converter

Doesn’t pzev include extended coverage for emissions components?
  2. D

Remote control unit from valved exhaust

2x remotes and control module. Was part of my valved ECS exhaust, but I hard wired it, so no longer need the remote system. Worked perfectly for the 2 months I had it installed waiting for my parts to hard wire. Perfect for some sort of custom project. 10$ plus shipping.
  3. D

Threaded manifold bolt holes on engine bay

Those should be the long bolts holding the manifold in place. If you put in a different bolt, all you did was mangle the manifold side. The threads in the block should be fine for the original bolts. If you stripped the threads in the block, you can get bolts that are 5 mm longer. There’s...
  4. D

ST X coilovers installed! suggestions?

Rear end links may need to be tightened, or could be worn out.
  5. D

RNS 510

What color is the backlighting on the buttons?
  6. D

CBFA O2 Spacer

there’s posts describing exactly what you say. 2 adjustable spacers using different size openings. https://www.emdauto.com/products/oxygen-sensor-o2-spacer-with-adjustable-inserts?variant=42569634316547 Can find them even cheaper from China.
  7. D

Low profile leather head rests for rear?

May end up doing that. I know the euro versions are lower, but may not be worth the shipping.
  8. D

Low profile leather head rests for rear?

Anyone know what other models I should look for? Most of what I find is mk7 specific. For a mk6 GTI leather interior.
  9. D

WTB: Aluminum control arms and sway bars

Check junkyards for cheap control arms. Got a set from a Passat for 40$.
  10. D

NY/NJ/CT/PA VCDS/VAGCOM Locator

Im in 08872 for future reference.
  11. D

MK6 GTI 2.0 TSI. My engine has no oil temp sensor, so where is VCDS getting the value? VCDS, Cobb, VADpro oil temp discrepancy.

They do. Only read one post where someone installed/wired it up, but they never got it functioning correctly. Or at least didn’t follow up.
  12. D

Control Module in Instrument Cluster Malfunction, looking for ideas

Goddamn that’s a lot of codes. I’d clear them all, go for a ride and see what returns. I know multiple codes across various modules can also be caused by a dying battery, so check that.
  13. D

What hardware needs to be replaced when doing OEM pads and rotors

I think most people reuse the hardware. The bolts that hold the bracket to the knuckle are stretch bolts, I believe.
  14. D

Mk6 Gti Bov to gfb DV

Check the BOV itself to see if there’s a hose coming off it and trace it to where up taps in. Don’t think you’d need anything else besides the GFB and a stock DV.
  15. D

Used Koni coilovers in central NJ

Bump for updated info