GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by This is Ryans face

1. This is Ryans face

Massive change in linear throttle behavior after fresh HPFP install

Perfect. I figured I had the right one, but I wanted to be sure. Performance seemed muted at first, but has since picked up a bit.
  2. This is Ryans face

Massive change in linear throttle behavior after fresh HPFP install

Been sitting on a new HPFP for my GTI for a while, as I knew the old one was getting to the end of its life span with some stutters on throttle delivery and a faint smell of fuel in the oil on every change. Put in a new pump, brass connector, and cam follower, and it's completely changed the...
  3. This is Ryans face

TSB's, and my oil consumption problem

I mean props if you get them to warranty any sort of oil consumption issues but this is likely to be a PCV issue in most cases, and maybe failing turbo or head gasket on the backend. The key is to check for oil in the boost lines, intercooler pipes, etc, or smoke from the exhaust... bluish in...
  4. This is Ryans face

New to me Mk6 GTI, light throttle hesitation/surging/cutouts

the last one you list, failing HPFP is what I'm looking into right now with some similar symptoms. I have already purchased the pump, so I just gotta find 30-45 mins on a weekend to install. Change your oil, and if you smell what smells like it mixing with fuel, it's likely the HPFP.
  5. This is Ryans face

Blow off valve question

these are awful for both aesthetics and functionality. it sounds like a bus with air ride coming to a stop and actually dumps useable boost pressure out instead of recirculating it for functionality. You will see your performance drop in other words. I would avoid this setup.
  6. This is Ryans face

For those who run the B4 Bilsteins paired with any springs....

I ended up ditching the B4s for a set of Racingline shocks/springs. They're basically the new DG springs only with shocks rated to complement the compression ratio. They are a little stiff, but feel more like stock suspension. Since then I've done both top engine and trans mounts, control arms...
  7. This is Ryans face

Loss of power.

kinda sounds like coilpacks. switch those around to different cylinders and see if symptoms change. try to get the codes read too with an OBDII reader
  8. This is Ryans face

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

I heard removal of the wheel well gives just enough clearance to get the screws out. At some point I'll give it a shot
  9. This is Ryans face

Crazy vibrations at around 15mph help

Could be alignment, or bent tierod? Let us know if you figured it out.
  10. This is Ryans face

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Has anyone attempted to replace the fog lights for a GTI without removing the bumper? I was checking out a video recently on YT on the procedure for replacing the fogs since mine are old and full of moisture/buildup, and one of the commenters mentioned that bumper removal wasn't necessary. I was...
  11. This is Ryans face

Front OEM sway bar bushings?

Wait, to clarify, I need to do this while the car is in motion? I did the pre-req single turn left/right then straightened out the wheel, rolled at about 10mph for 45-50ft then stopped and did everything in gear with my foot on the brake.
  12. This is Ryans face

So apparently there's been some minor changes here and there with the VCDS versions. I don't think my car is adequately aligned either since I installed the racingline spring/shock kit recently and haven't done a solid alignment yet, but I figured I'd give it a try and repeat it later if...
  13. This is Ryans face

Yeah I just recently replaced most of the suspension components. I'm gonna go for tierods next, maybe front bearings, but I'll give this a shot too. Can't hurt at this point. Which part of the procedure did you do... or did you attempt all of it?
  14. This is Ryans face

So to replace them you need to drop the subframe, and the from sway and then drill out the old bushings? Fuck yo lol. No wonder I couldn't find the part number for OEM bushings anywhere. I assume they may be the same as the rears?
  15. This is Ryans face

Is there a way to replace the front bushings on the sway without lowering the sway bar however?