GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by FocalPoint

1. FocalPoint

MFD LCD faded/dim. What do I do?

If you go with the DD, make sure to update us on how it looks/works
  2. FocalPoint

Are these still the required bolts for Engine/Trans mounts?

Going to replace the engine/trans mounts at some point in the near future and wanted to obviously use new bolts. Wanted to double check that these were the right bolts/part#'s. Drivers Trans Mount Qty 4 | N-905-969-06 Qty 3 | N-105-524-02 Passenger Engine Mount Qty 2 | N-105-524-02 Qty 1...
  3. FocalPoint

Uneven hole in head

I see some rough machining edges on the inside past the retainer bracket, but it's likely been there since the car was new. I don't see why anyone or anything would suddenly make those edges or cause them from just filling with a plastic oil bottle. I would ignore it to be honest, but I wouldn't...
  4. FocalPoint

2013 GTI Help with exhaust image - A used car dealer trying to get one over.

If your wife is looking for reliability, I would say a 10 year old turbo VW with a history of being throttled doesn't feel like a solid choice. My 2011 GTI has only 60k miles on it and it has been through the ringer. I don't track or race it nearly as much as some do, and I've had a full...
  5. FocalPoint

Timing chain kit & Auxiliary water pump replacement Golf 6 TSI 118kw

If you hit a power loss due to timing chain stretch you got insanely lucky. You were probably a dickhair away from complete failure and a new engine in your future. Go play the lottery next.
  6. FocalPoint

2013 GTI Help with exhaust image - A used car dealer trying to get one over.

the first image is skewed a bit right? That's definitely not showing everything in proper proportions so the arrow is pointing to what looks like a cat and it's probably longer than you are seeing it here. Almost looks like a CBFA APR pipe, but I doubt it. CBFA downpipes will have 3 O2 sensor...
  7. FocalPoint

Heads up for those with awful MPGs

might wanna check sparkplugs next.
  8. FocalPoint

ASPEC Throttle Body pipe (new unused)

Hey hey, just checking if there's any interest. I know these aren't typically sold on their own, but I have an ASPEC throttle body replacement pipe for 2.0T platform. May fit other platforms, but I bought it to fit on the TSI gen of the EA888. Never used or installed. Gonna probably toss it up...
  9. FocalPoint

P2015 and Subsequent P2187, & P2279 Errors

Depends. If the damage is already done (sounds like it is), you'll waste time and money replacing just the arm to not rectify your problem. I would recommend checking all intake piping first, in-particular the intake charge pipe and the connection there for any gaps or damage, and then replace...
  10. FocalPoint

Can I get a moment of silence?

ooooof and only under stage 2 power?
  11. FocalPoint

Can I get a moment of silence?

Did you have the tensioner upgraded?
  12. FocalPoint

throttle hang?

subscribed.
  13. FocalPoint

Help! EPC error! It doesn't turn more than 4000 rpm!

double-take as in taking a second look since I didn't expect them to give me a different (more expensive) oil pan. A reaction to an unexpected result.
  14. FocalPoint

Help! EPC error! It doesn't turn more than 4000 rpm!

I lucked out when the dealer replaced my engine under warranty. They hooked it up with a pan that has that connector on it. Haven't wired it, probably won't, but I remember double-taking the oil change after replacement.
  15. FocalPoint

Clicking noise coming from airbag

Did they even have a fix for the clockspring? I'm under the recall, but last I heard they didn't know how to approach the issue.