GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gogtigo1

1. gogtigo1

Stuck on an Island ? You Have 5 Wishes

Death by coconut, just kill me quickly
  2. gogtigo1

Talkatone - It's pretty much free phone service

GV Connect app + Talkatone app & sign up for Google Voice and you have a completely free way to make and receive calls and texts. Been using it for over a year now with no issues on my iPhone and iPad.
  3. gogtigo1

GTI and the damn gas cap, it just hangs there

And scuffs the paint! Anyone have and DIY ideas? I was thinking of cutting the plastic cord that holds it on, but I know the g/f (probably me) will drive off one day with it not attached.
  4. gogtigo1

Reviving 2001 TDI (automatic) cheaply

I have a buddy who has a 2001 TDI automatic as a daily driver, ~110k miles, doesn't have much disposable cash etc. Was wondering what his best bang for the buck service/item/other he could do for less than $150-200 to make him enjoy the car and refresh its "beater" state? I've just now gotten...
  5. gogtigo1

First Detailer's Domain order for the GTI: Still happy camper

Order included the last items needed, I think, when combined with my Adams order (see thread titled similarly) for a years worth of basic detail supplies. I might need a couple more towels, and another grit guard though? Optimum Opti Clean (waterless wash) Optimum ONR (no rinse) car wash...
  6. gogtigo1

First Adam's order for my first VW : happy camper

The products smell respectively like cough syrup and citrus Smells like: tanned leather, cough syrup, and pine sol® I tried the Super VRT out on my coffee maker since it was too dark to test on car. It's now shiny, wet, and water beads off it..? Sent from my iPad3 via Tapatalk
  7. gogtigo1

Need advice -- buying a new bicycle

Ha, i just looked at them last night at my local costco. They looked decent for the price, and with Costco's warranty (if applicable) not a bad way to get started. Sent from my iPad3 via Tapatalk
  8. gogtigo1

I know REI, for example, will give free maintenance tune ups if purchased through them. I'm sure other places will as well, just ask for sure. Additionally, getting an extra set of rims/tires will allow you to go onroad or offroad with one frame, with a quick release hub, its a 30 second swap...
  9. gogtigo1

Specialized or Gary Fisher (my pick amd choice) Sent from my iPad3 via Tapatalk
  10. gogtigo1

Another '12 GTI DSG owner stopping to visit

Just got my car about 2 weeks now, and dumped about 2000 miles on it through the desert & Great Plains (USA). Ive' read through a bunch of threads about reliability and extended warranties and comparisons to Japanese (coming from a 5th gen Prelude manual): love the car, but I have decided to...
  11. gogtigo1

VW of Billings, Montana (MT.)

Just bought from them, very good selection, the dealership is only about 4 months old-so they are working out the kinks, but not bad overall. Sales so-so, service so-so, and finance very good. Got what i wanted, at the price I was happy with, so I can't complain. :)