GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Grabbit

1. Grabbit

Gears not changing (DSG)

Sorry, but I had to...And yes, either a mechatronics or clutch issue. Luckily for you the mechatronics can be addressed without pulling the trans.
  2. Grabbit

P0234 After K04 Install and IE tune

Any other ideas? MAP sensor perhaps? Going to reflash to stock option on the IE dongle and see if that has any affect.
  3. Grabbit

So there was a slight hiccup I forgot to mention. After I took the car for a test drive while still on the APR stage 2, I pulled the car into the garage to check for any leaks. Coolant and oil were good but I did find a bit of fuel leaking from the hardline connection at the fuel rail. I removed...
  4. Grabbit

^ No boost after the tune. I drove the car a few miles and pressure got close to ambient at close to WOT which is to be expected out of a NA car. All lines are secure on the N75 and there doesnt appear to be any damage to the top plastic nipples. Cant really see the metal one near the connector...
  5. Grabbit

BTW, I also installed a new set of NGK BKR8EIX with my red tops and a GFB DV on my OE piston style DV.
  6. Grabbit

I just got done doing a mountain of work on my GTI. New cylinder head with IE springs, new CTS K04 (BW), new DSG clutches and MFactory diff. I got it running yesterday but didnt drive it until tonight. And that's where the fun ended.... I was APR stage 2 before the K04 so I thought a short test...
  7. Grabbit

DSG Clutch Adaption Needed?

So I'm getting ready to fire up my GTI for the first time in a few months after pulling the motor and trans for some extensive work. As far as the trans goes, I put in a limited slip diff and a new set of OEM clutches. My question is whether or not I must do the clutch adaption and if so which...
  8. Grabbit

Share your best office prank....

Forgot to mention this........ These things play noises at random every 5-10 minutes. At my old job many years ago a co-worker and I bought a few of these and stuck one in a low cubical wall of this lady we worked with. We set it to the girl giggling and watched this poor woman lose her mind...
  9. Grabbit

‘13 GTI Does my tensioner indicate excessive chain stretch?

^ This Agree as well. No need to replace unless it looks like previous oil changes have been neglected and oil looks sludgy or clumpy in the bottom of the pan. These only fail when debris clogs the screens and block oil flow to the bearings. I just replaced mine out of anxiety and because I...
  10. Grabbit

ASTRID - Track Rat Build

(y) Looks beefier than the stock LuK, especially the center section that connects to the clutch hub. Is that part aluminum?
  11. Grabbit

ASTRID - Track Rat Build

What flywheel is that?
  12. Grabbit

Share your best office prank....

I'll start. Co-worker had the nerve to go on vacation for a week so we filled his cubi with balloons.....
  13. Grabbit

MFactory Limited Slip Differentials - Lifetime Warranty

I still haven't received an answer from my PM on August 26th..(n)
  14. Grabbit

What did you do to your MK6 today?

This gonna be like stepping out of the Wright Flyer and into an F22.....
  15. Grabbit

What did you do to your MK6 today?

No data on it. I'm a newb that doesn't know how to do that yet in VCDS. Its ok. I didn't notice any crazy power gains but it does help lower the torque curve to lower in the RPM band according to the butt dyno.