GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jeff43

1. J

BBS CH R w/BBK

Hey guys...was doing some research and wanted to pick up a set of 18" BBS CH R (18x8.5 47mm offset) but wasn't sure about clearance since I have the Brembo GT 4 piston 330mm brake set up. I spoke with someone at TR and they told me I would need a 12mm spacer to clear it which...
  2. J

Code 2015 still present AFTER manifold replacement

So I got the 2015 code and had my intake manifold replaced under warranty. A few minutes after leaving the dealer the code returned. I called my SA, he said bring it right back. I did and they struggled with it for a couple of days and it's still appearing after being cleared. The new manifold...
  3. J

Replacement Rotors for Brembo GT 330mm

I have the Brembo GT 330mm kit with 1 piece rotors but was looking to swap them out for the lighter, 2 piece rotor. I had read on Zeckhausen's site that the StopTech rotors could be used as replacements for most of the Brembo applications. Has anyone tried this? The Brembo GT kit w/2 piece...
  4. J

!7s that fit over BBK w/out spacers

I put on a Brembo GT 330mm kit this past spring and now that winter is approaching I need to upgrade my winter set up to accommodate. I'd rather spend a little more on wheels vs. cheap wheels, spacers, longer lugs....So far the Neuspeed RSe05 is the only wheel i've found that will work without...
  5. J

Sounds like APR is Going Down

I agree with your first parts, however with this - that is/was part of Arin's job - to post on message boards. As a representative of APR. It directly affects the companies image. During a buyout every area of the company is scrutinized, usually by 3rd party efficiency experts who then advise...
  6. J

Sounds like APR is Going Down

It actually reads like they are being saved, after a binge of mis-management and overspending. Had they not been sold, then they'd probably be going down...good read either way lol.
  7. J

Neuspeed RSe52 w/Michelin PSS

I know there have been a couple of reviews on these, but figured I'd throw my hat in the ring as well.... I picked these up from Allset@SupremePower in his RSe52 Sale Thread a few months back and finally got around to posting up a review. In the spirit of full disclosure, I’ve been a fan of...
  8. J

Low speed repetitive "thump" in front end

So i have a repetitive thump from about 20 - 35 mph that gets more pronounced when taking sweeping right turns at the same speed. It feels like the driver's side front. At first I thought it was a nail or something similar stuck in my tire so I popped off the wheel, gave it a good once over - no...
  9. J

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

So I did 2 things today that I've never done before. The first was seriously thinking about working out again, so much so that I ordered Insanity. The second was come into the Off Topic forum on GolfMK6. And what do I find? 88pages of workout gold...hope to start contributing soon as i work back...
  10. J

FS: Detroits w/Pirellis (New Jersey)

****SOLD***** I'm selling my stock wheels: 18x7.5 Detroits 225/40 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S (14K on tires) OEM TPMS sensors & Center Caps included Price: $850 3 of the wheels are in excellent shape. 1 wheel has 3 small blemishes as depicted in the pictures below. Tires have about 14,000 miles...
  11. J

Cooper Zeon RS3-S Impressions

Most of you saw my review of the Neuspeed RSe12 wheel and within that thread I mentioned I had purchased the Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires. Now that they are broken in a bit (500+) miles, I figured I'd share some impressions, most of which were derived from a 250 mile round-trip Mother’s Day run down...
  12. J

How old is everyone

<----- 39 2nd VW...had a MKIII GTI VR6 that I bought new way back in 1996..