GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Jixty

1. Jixty

Spooky engine rattle

Have a nasty noise coming from the engine today. Started after a pull in 3rd gear. Only starts at low or idle RPMS. and the engine did have a hard time getting up the driveway. No CEL, not low on oil, fresh plugs and coils. Chain has had the updated tensioner since I got it. 125k miles...
  2. Jixty

2012 Cold start rattle

Well that seemed like a whole lot of noise for an exhaust hanger. Noticed my bolts weren't all the way tight on it and the plastic was hitting the bolt. Took it for a test drive and didn't hear the symptoms I was hearing before. Time to let it get cold and see if it's truly solved..
  3. Jixty

2012 Cold start rattle

Recently on my 2012 I have heard a very loud rattle on cold starts and when downshifting while warm. The sound appears to go away once the car is warm and can only be heard from inside the cabin and below the car. The timing chain was checked by a specialty VW shop and said that it had been...
  4. Jixty

WTB - Steering wheel 'GTI' Badge - 5K0-419-685-P-UTF

Recently bought a used 2012 GTI and the only downside is it is missing the 'GTI' badge on the bottom of the steering wheel. I am looking for an oem black on silver badge for it, instead of spending >$60 for a new one. Thanks!