GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by K-WMk6

1. K

Feathering and Cupping on new tires - help!

Haven't posted on here for a while but here goes...appreciate any insight/suggestions as always... I have a 2010 GTI with ~115 000 km (71 457 miles) Since I've owned the car I have run winter and summer tires. Replaced the stock Pirellis last spring and got a new set of Contis Extreme DWs...
  2. K

Summer Tires!!

Need to change the stock Pirellis and I'm looking for a decent summer tire that still has some decent traction in the rain and reasonable on fuel economy (see my two choices below!!). Keep in mind I'm in Toronto Canada so prices will be higher than US. Canucks out there these prices are from...
  3. K

Intake Manifold HELP!

So here goes... I have a 2010 GTI 81000 km/50000 miles Engine light went on - took it to a recommended mechanic - P2015 code came up and was told this meant the intake manifold needed to be changed plus a valve cleaning - they were going to change the spark plugs too. It would come to about...
  4. K

Good VW mechanic in T.O. Canada?

Hey, I have a 2010 MK6 with almost 80 000 km/50 000 miles and I'm not crazy about the idea of bringing my vehicle to my VW dealership for various reasons that I will not go into here. I've heard S&S Motors is a good shop...any other suggestions from any GTI owners in my area (Toronto)?
  5. K

Tire Suggestions??

Hey, I'm in Toronto, ON Canada and its now warm enough to put my summers back on and take the winters off (I have a 2010 GTI). Just got a call from the dealer saying my summer tires are done (which I knew). They're the original Pirelli all seasons - I think they still have a bit of life left in...
  6. K

Ayrton Senna in a GTI

Just saw the documentary (I know should have seen it sooner) and noticed that after a minor crash (his F1 car flips) he's examined by doctors then picked up in a GTI. I thought it was a cool moment to see him get into one. :thumbup:
  7. K

Rear Bumper Protector - Advice Needed!

So... I help a friend move (nice of me I know) but as we were trying to fit a heavy shelf unit into my 2010 GTI - it rested for a second on my rear bumper now I have about a 1 inch gash in it :mad0259:(not overly deep but enough to see past the clear coat). I don't have the funds to get the...
  8. K

Exclamation Mark!??

There's an exclamation mark showing up (only when the car is moving) where the mileage would be in the centre display monitor (not a warning light but same look as what the mileage would be displayed as except it's an exclamation mark). Also, the circular icon that comes up when cruise control...
  9. K

Just when I thought I was out...GTI pulls me back in

I've been meaning to post this for a while. For those of you who keep track (pun intended), I was ready to sell my beloved GTI. I moved to the big city, higher insurance, more expenses, no real need for a car blah blah blah... Well, a couple of things happened: 1) I was insulted by the low...
  10. K

Selling my GTI :(

I didn't think I would ever post this but the time has come. I'm now living in downtown Toronto (Canada) and walking to work - living a more urban lifestyle. Long story short I no longer need a car. Plus I calculated the monthly expense (insurance, payments, parking spot) and my GTI just...
  11. K

Oil Overfill for 8000 KM - Disaster?

Ok here's the deal and please don't judge (although I know that's impossible) I had the oil changed about 8000 KM ago back in August... When I checked the oil (soon after) it was about 2cm/1 inch past the M on the Max of the dipstick... I figured I hadn't let the car sit long enough or that...
  12. K

Front Plate

I moved to a Ontario from Alberta more than a year ago and now its time *sigh* to get my plates changed and add a front plate :( I have the plastic holder and tried putting it into position. It seems there are a couple of positions that worked - one that sits more on the grill mesh and another...
  13. K

Shifting into Neutral

My niece's boyfriend says he shifts directly into neutral when in gear without using the clutch. Do any of you do this? If so, is there potential for damaging the transmission if done regularly?
  14. K

WRX

Totally agree that the BRZ looks great! I think it will have a different feel to it - it's RWD for one.
  15. K

WRX

So my brother in law is in the market for a Subaru. He wants the AWD capability and doesn't want to pay much over $30 000 CDN (which leaves out the R). He was all set on the Impreza (base) 2012 and then he was introduced to a 2011 WRX on the lot - available at a discount. His choices were a...