GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kakiko

1. K

Oil leak, 2010 GTI

So today the mechanic called and said that the leak is coming from the rear seal, he said he has to replace it and he also recommended changing the PCV as well. he said it is always recommended to change the PCV when changing the rear seal. HE said it would cost around $1,000 all together. I...
  2. K

Oil leak, 2010 GTI

That is the first thing i thought about too. I dropped it at the mechanic today, tomorrow he will call with the verdict, hopefully it is just the PCV . these are photos from my car
  3. K

Oil leak, 2010 GTI

Hello everyone , I recently noticed that I have an oil on the top part of the engine and near the turbo. I need to mention that recently The intake valve the head gasket and timing belt were all replaced around 5K ago. after the last oil change I noticed this oil leak and now 3K after the oil...
  4. K

Stage 1 tune

So for a stage 1 tune keeping the the same air intake system and just upgrading the air filter should be enough to allow the turbo to get that air that it needs ?
  5. K

Stage 1 tune

I was thinking that CAI, will allow the turbo to not suffer when tuning the car and adding more HP. I was thinking about the longevity of the turbo, Thinking that having more air flow will keep the turbo running smoothly. I was afraid that a tune may mess up the turbo especially that the car has...
  6. K

Stage 1 tune

I'm the same like you I don't like the extra turbo noise. I hate the additional air noise, but I think they look cool under the hood. I have an exhaust noise, not too loud type and I'm very satisfied with that. when you push the car a little bit, it starts sounding more aggressive, it is...
  7. K

Stage 1 tune

A lot of great information, thanks for clarifying a lot of things. If I want to change to a cold air intake system , will that give optimum results with the tune ? what brand of coils and GFB DV+ you have installed ?
  8. K

Stage 1 tune

Do you know exactly how many HP the engine was producing with the COBB OTS tune for stage 1 and for stratified Protune stage 1. and what is the stratified Protune anyway ? is it some a map that I can upload to the COBB accessport?
  9. K

Stage 1 tune

Can you tell me what needs to be done for the Unironic tune you have, is it similar to the COBB tune ( do it yourself tune)or do I have to take the car to a tuner, and do I need to change the air intake. Before, reading your reply I was leaning more toward the COBB accessport because it seemed...
  10. K

Stage 1 tune

Hello everyone, So I'm planning on tuning my mk6 that has 119,000 miles and I've never tuned a car before so I'm looking for some recommendations based on your experiences. First of all, I need to mention that it has the DSG transmission and it is almost rebuilt because I changed the clutch...
  11. K

Need Help With DSG

The whole clutches replacement with the fluid and adjustment did cost me $1,700 outside of the dealer. I took it to someone who specializes in European cars. Also, not anyone can do this because after the replacement, the clutches have to be adjusted and this took my mechanic much longer time...
  12. K

Interior Detailing

Hello everyone, I wanted to know what everyone uses for detailing the interior. I never used any products on the dashboard or the leather seats since i bought the car. So what do you guys recommend for an OEM interior finish. I want to avoid using greasy and glossy products that's why i never...
  13. K

Need Help With DSG

Yes i did, i had the clutch replaced and everything went fine after that
  14. K

Need Help With DSG

Hello everyone , So a while ago i had my mechatronic replaced because the transmission just stopped shifting gears. I got my car back and the transmission was working fine. After about 100 miles, I turn the car on put on D and boom there is a noise coming from DSG TRans. I put the car back on...
  15. K

DSG and clutch issues

Hello everyone , So a while ago i had my mechatronic replaced because the transmission just stopped shifting gears. I got my car back and the transmission was working fine. After about 100 miles, I turn the car on put on D and boom there is a noise coming from DSG TRans. I put the car back on...