GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by kosmaras

1. K

Shuenk TSI K04+ Turbo - Dyno - Review

You can poke around my logs. FBO K04 CC running IE's software. Here is the 93 file (running WMI to bring timing correction to zero) https://datazap.me/u/kosmaras/ie-k04-93-octane-250cc-wmi-55f-3rd-gear?log=0&data=13
  2. K

2013 VW GLI w/ K04 and low miles

Is this a 6MT or DSG car?
  3. K

SOLD: IE POWERlink ECU Flash Cable

PM'd you twice with no response.
  4. K

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Yes, that has been removed since the clutch went in.
  5. K

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Hey everyone…having issues with my TTRS clutch and looking for some advice. 17k miles ago I installed the following - New LUK DMF (06J-105-266-H-LUK) TTRS Pressure Plate (07K-141-015-B) Sachs Disc (03G-141-031-T) Metal TOB (0A514167F) Car ran great and seemed to hold K04 power and torque...
  6. K

SOLD: IE POWERlink ECU Flash Cable

I think the cable VIN slots get consumed by tuning and you can use them all up. That said, how many VIN;s have been flashed with that cable? That will determine the fair market price.
  7. K

Can I get a moment of silence?

Congrats man! You grabbed a great motor. Dude did a great job and when I chatted with him he was very transparent.
  8. K

Did you end up securing the deal on the replacement engine? If so, congrats! Hope she gets back on the road swiftly.
  9. K

I think I talked to this gentleman on FB when I was considering picking up a spare motor. Good guy and his engine is very clean. I think it'll be a good purchase at that price. Best of luck.
  10. K

Clutches

There's always the HS Tuning RSR or the DIY version, which I did. A little worky to acquire all the parts and do the necessary modifications, but feels like stock and holds over 400tq.
  11. K

Broken manifold stud, Advice..FML

As you're aware, that spot of the head looks more accessible in photos than in reality. That spot is super tough to get a drill in at the correct angle. A lot end up pulling the head or motor and doing it out of the car unless you have the patience of a saint. Best of luck.
  12. K

Best options for a fresh(ish) motor?

I wish it was simple on these cars, but the OP should be aware that the transmission needs to come off to get the "upper oil pan" off to access the rotating assembly.
  13. K

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts 2 Years Later

I hope it does and I do plan on doing additional analyses on this engine! Will let you know when I do the next one.
  14. K

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure at 173k *ON A BUDGET* (less than $1k spent) - And Then Balance Shafts 2 Years Later

This is awesome to know. I had some metal on my magnetic drain plug and my oil analysis came back with high levels of iron and aluminum (38k on engine). Supertech valve springs were installed 2,800 miles ago.
  15. K

GTI (K04) Fuelling Issue? Advice Wanted, Datalogs Inside.

Not sure how helpful this is, but have you experienced misfires up top? Your log is indicative of valve float...Boost increases and MAF G/S decreases.