GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mattpowers

1. M

LSD Install in Virginia?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had a LSD installed in / around VA. Just got a quote for $4k for a Wavetrac LSD install on a DSG transmission. I know DSG is expensive, but still, seems high. 2k in labor, 2k in parts. Anyone else have a good recomendation, or thoughts on this? My thought...
  2. M

Options for turbo muffler/ outlet pipe?

I'm not 100% sure which part you are referring to as the turbo outlet pipe. I'm assuming that you are not referring to the downpipe, but maybe the pancake pipe that goes from the intercooler into the compressor? It's the black pipe located directly behind the passenger wheel. If so, I believe...
  3. M

Fix car, or put money towards a new one?

I would consider if you need a cheap daily as well. As the MK6 ages, you're likely to have more and more failures outside the engine-- wiring, suspension, etc. In regards to getting a new car, think about the payments, and also think about how you would handle a new car once you have it. Your...
  4. M

Diagnosing DV issues w/ VCDS?

Looks like when I dropped the DV+ during the swap, the rubber skirt around the brass cylinder must have fallen off. I put in an OEM dv, and the car feels great. I was getting an instant whistling whenever I stepped on the gas, and that immediately went away. Still have the fluttering sounds, but...
  5. M

First time doing this, but these values don't really make much sense to me. Didn't use Turbo mode in VCDS for logs. Full logs here And another one Here Seems like the baseline is kind of off. Anyone that can point me in the right direction on this? Otherwise I may just grab a DV so I can swap...
  6. M

I also just realized that it probably is the diverter, as I have a fluttering sound when I let off the throttle. I thought it sounded cool, but perhaps that's the sound of me destroying my new turbo
  7. M

Broken manifold stud, Advice..FML

Probably not recommended, but I just finished my k04 swap a few weeks ago, and I left that one undone. Previous owner had apparently snapped it when replacing the stock turbo around 52k mi. Car has 140k on it now, 50k of which were with a stage 2 tune. I haven't really run the k04 yet much, so...
  8. M

FS: Free APR lug bolts, black

Hey, if anyone wants to pay shipping from VA, I have a very gently used set of APR wheel bolts I'd be happy to part with. Black, ball-seat, should fit OEM wheels perfectly, I got them, installed them, and realized my Konigs needed conical bolts. Its 20 of these guys
  9. M

Yeah it's hard to say on my end as well-- I can say that the car did not feel smooth on the drive home. It pulled timing (watching Knock retardation) way more than normal, and had some stutter when I got on it. Did not feel fully transformed by any means. It did a 290hp pull at the end, but...
  10. M

Hey all, this may not be DV related, and may not be an issue at all, but I just did a K04 (CTS) install, and in the process, swapped the DV (GFB DV+) over, noticed it was covered in oil, and disassembled it, etc., but thought I put it back together just fine. I also removed the engine blanket...
  11. M

Cts ko4 wont fit! Help!

Bumping this just as an FYI-- I just installed the new CTS k04 kit last night (the non-BW new kit) and it was absolutely hellish. Fitment was unbelievable, probably took the turbo out 25 times, and ultimately had to re-clock it with it installed to get it to clear everything. That was after...
  12. M

Air intake to Battery tray bolt size?

Hey all! I'm replacing the battery-tray on my 2010 GTI because the CTS air intake support stripped it out. Anyone know what bolt / screw size this is, so it doesn't strip out next time? On CTS, it's the only support bolt there is, not sure about other intakes. Thanks!
  13. M

DIY: Timing chain, guides, & tensioner resources

Hey guys, I just replaced my tensioner as well as the camshaft & balance shaft timing chains & guides. There's a ton of information regarding the tensioner replacement, but not a lot that goes the next bit further into replacing the chains. I am by NO means an expert, so if I make a mistake...
  14. M

Slower when warmed up?

Hi guys, looking for some things to check on my 2010 GTI TSI DSG (CBFA). I'm noticing two symptoms, which may be related. 1. When the car is warmed up, like after driving for 10 minutes or so (I live in the country), the car really seems to lose its edge. unimpressive power / torque...