GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mk6 Steve

1. M

2011 GTI 40,000 miles one owner

Is this car still for sale?
  2. M

Unsolved Issue, Slight Rough Idle - no CEL

If there are no boost leaks I’d take a look at the n80 valve...the original n80 had 2-3 check valves attached to the hard plastic line that snakes it’s way under the manifold. My n80 was fine but the check valves were not (air moved through the check valves...both ways!). Btw I replaced the...
  3. M

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

While driving on a highway in Mexico I came across a 2018 GLI with an is38 turbo (unknown to me at the time)....he signals for a 40 roll, honks 3 times and by 120 I was ~3 car lengths ahead. He pulls up and says his epc light was flashing?? Wtf everyone’s epc light flashes on the highway...
  4. M

Doors swinging open while going around turns lately...

My driver side door latch acts up when the weather gets warm, more so when the door is facing direct sunlight for several hours. Latch mechanism gets stuck in the open position and the door won’t latch closed (I’d close the door and the door would pop open). First few times it happened I...
  5. M

Odd Question: What Would Be Considered "Normal" RPM Behavior While at Idle?

I’ve chased a boost/vacuum leak for over a year and spent a lot of money searching for it! Replaced the entire fuel system, every engine sensor, intake manifold, you name it.....nothing fixed it but the car ran slightly better. The last thing I replaced was the n80 valve with NEW check...
  6. M

Anybody use micro jump starters

I have the Noco GB40. Jump started a friends Camry that was dead with no issues. This thing is supposed to jump start a diesel pickup truck and it’s compact. Works for me ?
  7. M

Misfire issue

Misfires during wot? Idle? I’d run a compression test first (tool is $50 from sears) to rule out bad piston rings. Is the plug wet with oil or gas?
  8. M

MK6 air ride and seat delete

How much for the false trunk/seat delete?
  9. M

Slight jerks after gearbox change

Perform a DSG adaptation via VCDS.
  10. M

Vacuum hose to turbo

Thanks, I’ve looked high and low with no results. I guess I’ll have to contact the stealership.
  11. M

Vacuum hose to turbo

Here’s the vacuum hose check valve circled at the top center of the pic from grambles k04 install thread.
  12. M

Vacuum hose to turbo

The hose is fine but the check valve isn’t. Unfortunately they sell the hose and check valve together as one unit, at least for the n80 purge valve that I just replaced. I assume the same goes for the hose in question.
  13. M

Vacuum hose to turbo

The hose originates under the intake manifold, comes upthrough the 3rd and 4rth intake manifold runners, goes across the top of the manifold and snakes it’s way across the valve cover in between cylinders 1 and 2 (Not 2 and 3- my apologies) to a check valve that leads TO the turbo.
  14. M

Vacuum hose to turbo

LOL not the pcv hose! I’m talking about that skinny vacuum hose in between cylinders 2 and 3 that snakes it’s way back to the turbo....