GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mk6Autobahn

1. Mk6Autobahn

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I believe it, my step mothers 2019 C300 has been crazy! $$$$$$ Overall I’m obviously satisfied with what they’re covering, but my final questions to everyone are: 1. Is it reasonable to fork over $360 for the bottom heater core hose pipe + labor? 2. How hard is it to do this myself? I can...
  2. Mk6Autobahn

Hush, don’t jinx it! :ROFLMAO:
  3. Mk6Autobahn

Also I’m pretty sure the extended warranty people absolutely hate me because after this repair, I will have equaled the cars value in repairs in only 2 years of ownership ($10k). Thank god I got it...I swear this car just finds something to break whenever it’s finally fixed again
  4. Mk6Autobahn

So they heard back from the extended warranty pretty quick too which I wasn’t expecting, it took almost a month to get work approved last time it was in the shop... Lower control arm brackets were covered, alignment was separate and was covered, sway bar links are covered. I know the brakes...
  5. Mk6Autobahn

Okay they work pretty quick, just got the call back. Water pump and upper heater core hose are surprisingly fine. It’s actually my bottom heater core hose this time, it’s leaking bad apparently. They checked the tensioner for free, lucky me it’s the old one so it’ll need to be done soon as...
  6. Mk6Autobahn

Going to a dealer. He said he’s gonna talk to the master tech about checking the timing chain tensioner while they’re in there, he thinks he get get it done for free but I’m not holding my breath because it is still a dealership lol. And I didn’t check this in time to have them look at the...
  7. Mk6Autobahn

So you have the Graf kit? I have an appointment to drop off at 5:30 and they’ll look at it tomorrow morning. Pressing for it to be replaced with the aluminum unit, but if not I’ll just go around the extended warranty for it. Going to have them check the timing chain tensioner while they’re at...
  8. Mk6Autobahn

Ideally I’d upgrade. I still have an extended warranty, however, so I need to make sure I won’t void anything, or if possible, just pay the difference with the upgraded part. They’ve been a hassle in the past, so I hope they will work with me. Taking it in later today after I flash back to...
  9. Mk6Autobahn

Well that was a fun year... Came out to the car this afternoon and immediately upon startup I got a low coolant warning. Shut it off and sure enough, Christmas in July under the car... About half a tank of coolant on the ground. I went an entire year without annoying coolant leaks and now...
  10. Mk6Autobahn

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Not that I’ve been lucky enough to use it on the track yet but... I’ve had fun experimenting with TrackAddict, it works real well and you can use their other app I believe RaceRender to overlay external action cam video onto the data. If not, you can just use TrackAddict to record video and...
  11. Mk6Autobahn

Pics were only taken two hours apart but Texas skies are weird.. Serrons vs Peeler reps: Poke:
  12. Mk6Autobahn

Cobb stage 1, getting squeal noise.

Lol no worries. If you find out you have the older RevC I’d probably try to upgrade to RevD with the DV+, seems to work the best from what I’ve heard. I’m Cobb stage 1+ and just have the RevD no issues.
  13. Mk6Autobahn

I’ll look into it, thanks (y)
  14. Mk6Autobahn

Cobb stage 1, getting squeal noise.

Yep, sounds like a classic DV+ fix. Do you know if you’re running an updated “revision D” diverter valve or the older “revision C”? I think you’re fine, other than it being annoying. As with any funny car noise, still wise to not let it linger too long (y)
  15. Mk6Autobahn

100% stock suspension other than the APR rear sway bar (y) Hit some twisties yesterday with a mk7 member, pretty fun. Car rubbed just barely on the corner of this little front fender screw mounting area during hard high speed dips. I bet if I added a bit of negative camber in the front I’d...