GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mkv_martinez

1. mkv_martinez

Any 2-doors have rear footwell lighting?

Even 4 doors never came with rear footwell lighting I used this kit from DE Auto Key to get the feature and love it. Actually, after a while I moved the rear LED strip to under the front seat facing the front and now I have a much nicer and more well-lit foot well in the front. I never really...
  2. mkv_martinez

FS: (4) "Detroit" Wheels - 18x7.5 et51 - Central/North NJ Pick-Up

Bump - going up on craigslist early next week
  3. mkv_martinez

2012 Deep Black Pearl 4dr Base Model GTI, or Veronica as I call her

Ordered a few more parts for this car so updates coming soon. This thing is slowly becoming a fully bolted on stage 1 GTI. Essentially this thing will be fully ready to drop in a new turbo one day if I decide to upgrade the car to that level. After my next round of performance mods, I will...
  4. mkv_martinez

Bump Listed on FB as well so these may go any day now. Next will be a listing on Craigslist in a few days. Looking to move these and much prefer this forum over meeting a random person off another website.
  5. mkv_martinez

Bump If no interest here will post to craigslist/facebook in a few days - but wanted to sell to someone on here instead of a random person off facebook
  6. mkv_martinez

Close ups of curbage, clear failing & general wear/tear
  7. mkv_martinez

Looking to see if anyone is trying to pick up a set of Detroits. Took them off my GTI a few months ago. Wheels come with all 20 OEM Plastic Lug Caps Each one has some wear + tear & curbing on it - including some spots of failing/cracking clear coat. Not so bad they can't be put on a daily...
  8. mkv_martinez

Stupid prizes

Hard to keep the ego & excitement in check on the motorcycle. Honestly one of the hardest parts of riding is using your head and trying to be careful. Super easy & fun to zip around cars going fast but its not usually the best idea.
  9. mkv_martinez

Spent a few hours Friday night + Saturday morning on installing the ShopDAP Holy Shift Short Shifter & APR Metal Shifter Cable Bracket. The Holy Shift Kit is basically the same concept as the Diesel Geek Sigma Six short shifter - not sure if there are any minute differences but as far as I saw...
  10. mkv_martinez

Noticed the car got a bit squirrelly when taking a turn in a spirited manner. Was worse turning right than left. Only noticed at speed. Brought the car to get an alignment today and had everything straightened out. Looks like the front wheels needed to be dialed in again. Was told passenger...
  11. mkv_martinez

How to drain evaporator drain pipe mk6 GTI

Quality content and as far as I've seen the first time this has been walked through with photos on the forum Props for OC on the forum!
  12. mkv_martinez

Recently swapped my wifes car for a 2020 45 premium plus Q3 - as far as I can tell the car has the same motor as comes in the mk7.5 GTI. I am working on modifying it to our taste little by little and plan on keeping it mild. I ordered an APR Throttle booster to see how the Q3 drives with it...
  13. mkv_martinez

Recommended shops in NNJ?

Attached are some pics of what Drive Autoworks lot looked like the other day when I got my car back even if some of those cars are paying for storage and not in line to get fixed/serviced - still a pretty nice line up. they must be doing something right.
  14. mkv_martinez

Recommended shops in NNJ?

What part of NNJ? I've worked with 2 shops recently that I trust and would go back to. I've put clutches in 2 mk6 gti's - both done by Cosmo @ Corsa Motors in Englewood. Hes expensive - and takes his time to do the work - but you would never get the feeling he is lying or trying to rush you...
  15. mkv_martinez

FS: MK6 GTI CTS Catch Can Kit ($250)

Why are you selling this?