GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MLue1

1. M

I've jumped to the dark side

Before Installing the Intake Manifold (IM), I did a dry fitting of the IM and all the hoses and connectors. This part was the most challenging for me yet, there are just too much going on. Thanks to my friends David and Jeff for giving me a hand.
  2. M

Before Installing the Intake Manifold (IM), I did a dry fitting of the IM and all the hoses and connectors
  3. M

I reinstall the Vacuum Pump and High Pressure Fuel Pump,.... so sorry no pics When I removed the Vacuum Pump and High Pressure Fuel Pump from the end of the Exhaust Cam housing, I just removed the 3 bolts (plus one small bolt for a bracket) that secure the Vacuum Pump, the High Pressure Fuel...
  4. M

Reinstalling the three bolts that hold the Turbo Heat Shiedt was s real pain in the a$$ for me, even if I had normal vision it would have been a challenge. Anyway take a look at the pics and use the contours of the heat shield to help you to locate where the bolts are in order to remove or...
  5. M

VW 2.0 TSI Exhaust Cam Washer and Bolt Important Info - KNOW WHICH BOLT YOU GOT FIRST, M6 T30 or M8 Triple Square and use some Loctite as well; as the rotation of the cam is in the direction to loosen the Bolt, if it is not secured. This is probably why VW/Audi upgraded to the larger M8 Triple...
  6. M

In every project a bit o rain must fall and this one is no exception. Problem #1 If you noticed from the pic, I couldn't get the flat plastic connection that goes from the turbo to the intercooler to bolt up easily, this is usually a sign the something was not lining up, ...major challenge...
  7. M

Putting Her back togeather PS. The Valve Adjuster/Spool Valve torqued to 26 ft-lbs
  8. M

Early Retirement Investing: Ditch my 2018 Golf R?

Funny to be reading this on a car forum, alot of guys think about this but it will always come down to how disciplined you are in managing your money, setting your goals and doing what it takes to reach the goals that you set. You don't have to give up being a car guy and living your life, but...
  9. M

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

My Son came Home with a broken exhaust pipe reducer, this is the reducer (OD 2.75 inch to ID 2.25 inch Reducer) that we use to join the stock Golf exhaust piping (55mm) to the GTI Exhaust piping (65mm). Bought a new reduce (OD 2.75 inch to ID 2.25 inch), a 2 3/4 inch clamp and a 2 1/4 inch...
  10. M

Engine Block and sealing surfaces all cleaned up, a bit of a chore for me but took my time and with my buddy Jack Daniels got her done. Installed the head gasket onto the engine block right outa the package, making sure all the cut outs lined up. My wife helped me put the head on the engine...
  11. M

All quiet on the 2.5L front

Hey, how is life in the OC, must be nice? The US/Canada border was closed for Covid so couldn't get to my place in SC this summer to enjoy the beach.
  12. M

One thing that was apparent with those YouTube videos while motivating, they make it look easier than it actually is, coz they are more often than not working on an engine on a stand, it is much more difficult when the engine is still in the car. Ya no kidding! No Youtube video show all the...
  13. M

timing chain settlement for Canada

Expired for our '09 Tiguan with 123k km,....so I'm fixing it my self, will be done by the end of the month. Once you're in there it isn't too hard, all the info is on Youtube.
  14. M

Resurrecting this old thread. I had forgotten all about it, or was it an indication of my interest, .....honesty at the time, I had taken over the lease of a great sports car and frankly got distracted. Then last year, eye problems returned in the form of two retina detachments in the same...
  15. M

What R U Running on your Golf 2.5 - Post your Profile

Guys please UPDATE you Profiles or Create a new one if you don't have one