GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by NewGuy1

1. NewGuy1

Heads up for those with awful MPGs

Unfortunately this did nothing in my case, got 17 and 16 on my last two tanks with the new pump. Back to the drawing board aha
  2. NewGuy1

Got my fuel pump changed out finally, super simply install. One odd thing tho, I pulled the wire connecting to the old fuel pump and turned on the engine to release the pressure. The video i was watching said that eventually the engine would die, because you know... the fuel pump isnt pumping...
  3. NewGuy1

Yea I always had issues/suspicions with the MFD which is why I started tracking it with fuelly app.
  4. NewGuy1

Unstable idle and squeaky noise

when you say left side, left side of engine or left side of car? If engine it probably is the accessory belt and related components. As far as unstable idle is it consistently bouncing or just on start? What range are you seeing?
  5. NewGuy1

Yea thats a fair point some could take it that way, LPFP should definitely not be the starting point. Compression was fine and consistent within cylinders (forget the value atm) high pressure I havent tested yet.
  6. NewGuy1

I have tried with and without tune, stock exhaust vs aftermarket, have done carbon cleaning twice, all new injectors, all new sparks, all new coil packs, new o2 sensors, new fuel filter, different gas stations, only running cruise control. So a LPFP isnt a stretch at this point for me aha
  7. NewGuy1

My problems definitely exist and at this point I've replaced just about every typical part that could cause my terrible mpg. Whether this works or not we'll find out eventually, I'm just grasping at straws at this point, just waiting to drain my tank before I can install. If it doesnt work then...
  8. NewGuy1

Finally got around to ordering a fuel pump, we'll see soon if it helps.
  9. NewGuy1

Most fuel efficient ive ever with got with this car was 27. And for some reason my city/highway ratio never seems to play a part I thought it was just my lead foot but idk anymore.
  10. NewGuy1

Hmm I guess ill do this too and see if I get better. I have all the issues youve described with no codes, average mileage is like 18... And Ive changed everything fuel related up to this point, new filter, new injectors, changed gas stations. With no luck.
  11. NewGuy1

Downpipe Install - Cover Plate Removal

Like others have said you do not need to remove the shield and its a pain to reattach if you do. You can get to each location by removing the battery and intake and using various wrench extensions or from underneath the car. Removing the shield only gives you a bit more line of site to what...
  12. NewGuy1

Battery side piece not installed

Not even gonna spend more energy on this troll, its probably how he gets off. He's obviously never read a dictionary that's for sure, thinking a projectile only applies to bullets and missiles. As long as OP is set that's all that matters.
  13. NewGuy1

Speaker Replacement Recommendations

Ideally you'll want to replace the rivets with riv-nuts and bolts. Your new speakers will also need some spacers. Visit crutchfield to see what sizes fit and get a few recommendations. Dont expect drastic changes if only replacing the speakers and not the headunit. See my build link below for...
  14. NewGuy1

Battery side piece not installed

No one said it was going through the hood lol, why are you so butthurt? The battery can easily do damage by being flung around under the hood. Ripping out cables, hitting radiator, fans, pipes, etc. The plastic cover does not secure it in place it simply separates it from the rest of the engine...
  15. NewGuy1

Armrest insert question..

Whole bucket replaced: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/newguys-dsg-csg-2011-gti.311259/page-2 Third post shows pictures of what was replaced. Few posts down give you the model numbers for the cubby and air vent thats needed as well. Its a more involved and pricey process for...