GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by OrangeSpy

1. OrangeSpy

It's Decided. 2.5 Turbo. Winter 2019

Another Update! The car is done! Minus the tune and of course just some quick tweaks here and there. It's on the road with stock injectors atm until I can get it to the shop. I'm keeping off the boost but have noticed if it sneaks up to 0 psi it starts to stutter. I'm assuming this is because...
  2. OrangeSpy

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Does anyone know what measurements are on Block 81 on a VCDS???
  3. OrangeSpy

Having difficulty with the fuel pump wiring. As previously discussed I used a piggy back fuse on the fuel pump fuse. The problem is that this fuse always has power! I assumed it came on with auxiliary power. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of just wiring it into a blank spot in the main fuse box...
  4. OrangeSpy

Just an update! Build is almost complete. Just need to finish welding the exhaust and put the inline fuel pump in and it's good to drive. Waiting on a BOV and boost controller in the mail Then I just need to get it tuned!
  5. OrangeSpy

Alright great! I already have that set up and wasnt looking forward to undoing it all. It wouldnt need to support 2 pumps amperage however if I did it the other way. It would only turn the relay on. The main power supply is coming straight from the battery.
  6. OrangeSpy

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Also, made a catch can up. Vents directly from the PCV to the breather hose. I was able to use stock fittings with 5/8 hose. I had to modify the can by drilling a hole through the top and adding a breather filter.
  7. OrangeSpy

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Upgraded my front rotors to 312mm looking forward to putting the wheels back on and seeing how they look
  8. OrangeSpy

Ohh okay, I think I miss understood how the returnless system worked. I thought the ECU controlled the speed of the pump to deliver more or less fuel when needed. What would you suggest when wiring an inline pump. Control the relay switch from the fuse panel or directly off the wiring for the...
  9. OrangeSpy

Fuel pump question for yas. I was told to relay the inline pump off of the fuse. I got a piggy back fuse and rigged up a relay but got to thinking... Its a returnless system, so the aftermarket pump needs to turn on and off on demand (hence relaying it off the stock pump) but I dont think that...
  10. OrangeSpy

I'm a few hundred over 5000 CAD now :/ I could have taken some short cuts to keep it down but worries I may damage the car.
  11. OrangeSpy

IE 2.5 Intake Manifold MK6 Install

Now that the intake is secured, put the dip stick in the dip stick holder and secure it with the 10mm bolt Put the fuel rail back in. You may need a little grease to get the injectors in. Use the supplied 12mm bolts to secure it. Number your wires for the fuel injectors then remove them from...
  12. OrangeSpy

IE 2.5 Intake Manifold MK6 Install

So I recently put IE's intake manifold in my 2012 Golf 2.5. Integrated Engineering made an install guide and as far as I know it's the only one. Until now... IE's write up is good... but technical.. and its for a MK5 which has a vacuum system that needs to be attached to the intake. The MK6 does...
  13. OrangeSpy

I'm going to make a post on this site when it's all done! lots and lots of pictures. I also plan on making a tutorial video. As of right now I'm under $5000 USD. which seems big but from what I was told when I started this I wouldn't be able to do it under 10,000
  14. OrangeSpy

Perfect I think I'll run a set up like yours. I just need to modify my cat can now..., thanks again! I really thought this was a simple task I didnt realize how much there was to it. You've saved my engine for the 100th time haha