GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by smanierre

1. smanierre

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Just got my second stamp back yesterday for the SBR portion of my new toy. Took 28 days on an e-file form 1. Slowly accruing the rest of the parts needed. Just need upper, barrel, suppressor mounting things, and a lower parts kit. Hopefully have it done in the next month or so, then stocking up...
  2. smanierre

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Did a slightly overdue oil change this weekend. Also pulled off my o2 spacer since the code is tuned out, rather the inspector not possibly see that. Now I just gotta try to get past emissions with one monitor not set. My brake sensor wire also ripped itself out a bit so my car thinks my pads...
  3. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I don't have any temp monitoring on my desktop (oops) but I do on my laptop. Highest i've seen it go was ~60C, but then the fan starts sounding like a plane ready for take-off. Usually i'm at 35-40C when just browsing or coding.
  4. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

On the rare occasions I use my computer for gaming and I open the door to leave the room, I realize how much heat it puts out.
  5. smanierre

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

They come pre-installed. Only thing I did for install was physically put them in and plug them in
  6. smanierre

I'll try this first. I think the ballasts may be on the bottom of the lights so it might be a bit of a project to get it all off and changed. I looked through all the connections though and it all seemed tight. Hoping just the ballast though so I don't need to find a replacement for the whole...
  7. smanierre

So my drivers side headlight kinda shit the bed yesterday. When I turn on the headlights it comes on just fine, but then starts flickering and eventually just shuts off. When I turn on the highbeams the bulb flashes pretty quick like 10 times then stays on for about 15 seconds before shutting...
  8. smanierre

Anyone else running a H&R front swaybar in an area where it gets cold? It's 9 degrees here today (Fahrenheit) and there was a lot of noise coming from my front end. At first it sounded like clunking but then I noticed it was more like a squeaky couch. I put on a lot of lube/grease on the...
  9. smanierre

Just because I hate how much the term has been misused, 99% of the people (probably more) in this country don't own assault rifles. I agree with everything you said there, just hate when people call semi-autos assault rifles, or worse assault weapons, just because of how they look.
  10. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I love my pi. Makes a good little makeshift NAS/torrent box. Also have it hooked up to my tv and just remote into it anytime I want to watch a movie. It's led to me finding the homelab subreddit and now I eventually plan on having a whole rack in my basement.
  11. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Damn that looks clean
  12. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Might be slightly off topic here but anyone use Arch linux? Getting a new thinkpad in tomorrow or Friday and i'm thinking of going with Arch, but having trouble on deciding on a desktop environment/window manager to go with.
  13. smanierre

I like the suppressor height sights and the common thread size on the barrel, but in addition to being more expensive, i'd then have to spend more money on a trigger to get that on par with the Canik, and I think i'd rather have another 1500-2000 rounds of ammo than those out of the box.
  14. smanierre

Anyone have any experience with Canik pistols? I'm debating a TP9SF Elite Combat or a FN509 Tactical for my next one. I've heard the trigger is a bit better on the Canik, but I also like the mag sizes on the 509
  15. smanierre

My brother has a P320 and that thing is pretty nice to shoot. Also the whole modularity thing is nice, being able to switch out frames and such.