GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by smanierre

1. smanierre

What did you do to your MK6 today?

The gang commits insurance fraud
  2. smanierre

Pan wont sit flush and the whole pan is shifted towards the exhaust side as well. The baffle in the pan is to the left of the pump so all the clears, its somewhere near the pickup or pump itself I think
  3. smanierre

Got my upper oil pan on last night along with the oil pump. Does anyone here have the iAbed baffled oil pan? I'm assuming I don't need the OEM baffle when using that, but even with it off I wasn't able to get the holes to line up, but with the pan on I can't really see what it's hitting on
  4. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

So I actually cleaned off the lower section after work. Used the small screw driver again to scrape out the big pieces of gasket from the screw holes, then the dremel to clean the rest up. I had to use a metal brush this time since the plastic wasnt cutting it, but I just went on the lowest...
  5. smanierre

So I actually cleaned off the lower section after work. Used the small screw driver again to scrape out the big pieces of gasket from the screw holes, then the dremel to clean the rest up. I had to use a metal brush this time since the plastic wasnt cutting it, but I just went on the lowest...
  6. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Realized I forgot to post getting the cams in and valvecover on so here it is Was able to sneak out and get some work done before we took off for the weekend. Got the cams in and the valve cover on. I really hope I didnt mess up with the amount of gasket used. I would definitely prefer to not...
  7. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Cleaned out the upper gasket channels on the upper oil pan. Used a small flathead to loosen everything up then used my dremel with plastic brushes to clean out the residue that was left and pretty happy with the result. now I need to clean off the lower side where the lower pan meets it and i'll...
  8. smanierre

Cleaned out the upper gasket channels on the upper oil pan. Used a small flathead to loosen everything up then used my dremel with plastic brushes to clean out the residue that was left and pretty happy with the result. now I need to clean off the lower side where the lower pan meets it and i'll...
  9. smanierre

Wouldn't that just leave him with a stud in the crank shaft though that would also be pretty difficult to remove?
  10. smanierre

Replace turbo price...?

I guess you could try that, worst case you just have to replace the turbo anyways. I would just be careful on the first drive after doing it, if you bend it too much and it gets bound up and pins the wastegate shut you could have issues.
  11. smanierre

This is the way, could probably post in any local fb groups if you dont have a welder and find someone to come do it for relatively cheap, if you don't have any friends with one that would take a 4-pack as payment. Also are you planning on going past stock power at any point? My stock clutch...
  12. smanierre

I'm definitely not gonna be up at 800, but hopefully I'll be utilizing the pump pretty well with full e85. Curious to see what I can get out of this turbo when it's maxed out
  13. smanierre

Reached out to YCW to get my suspension rebuild started and also got my Walbro 450lph lpfp in. Once I get the motor all buttoned up i'll be pulling my existing fuel basket and seeing if I can modify it to work with my new setup.
  14. smanierre

Replace turbo price...?

I've been saving up my snakes sheddings for the past 4 years, the suit is almost complete.
  15. smanierre

Replace turbo price...?

Once we turn on the microchips in the vaccine and everyone becomes a bill gates slave, then the entire world will be the US, and they will be exclusive to the US. Alright time to pack up and move to Florida with the rest of my Sheep dog brethren. /zrickety