GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by smanierre

1. smanierre

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

I looked on FCP and they have this listed s the latest revision 06H103495AK
  2. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Yeah it's annoying, I just started revving out to like 3500 when driving around town and that fixes the rev hang. It's a bit more obnoxious for everyone else but 🤷‍♂️
  3. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

It didn't for the longest time, just recently started though at lower RPMs (<3k). I'm guessing something with the engine, or maybe the crackles. I'm gonna ask for a tune without them and see what that does
  4. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

I dont think so, but i'm also not very familiar with manifolds, I got lucky finding mine
  5. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

That looks fine to me. Although I would just double check that it actually fits the Gen 1 EA888. I don't see the CCTA/CBFA motors listed in their table.
  6. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

I appreciate the thorough writeup! I currently have a thinkpad for my personal laptop, and a Mac for work. I hate the Mac, (OS and just the feel of it), so I think i'll be ok with the quality of the framework. Are you running windows on it or linux? I'm planning on linux if I get one, but am...
  7. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

How's the framework treating you? I'm thinking of getting one as my next (and hopefully last) laptop
  8. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

Stay Gold Performance. A local one around me. They're my goto for anything I can't do myself
  9. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

I wanna say it was like 5-6k. That was for custom intake pipe to turbo, custom turbo outlet pipe, custom downpipe, dump pipe, fabricating/installing the oil/coolant feed/return lines, and installing it all. The shop I went to is known for being a bit pricey, but they also do amazing work so I...
  10. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

I'm running a basic ATP log style manifold. I don't think they make it anymore though unfortunately, although you can try searching the ATP part # https://www.ecstuning.com/b-atp-parts/20t-fsi-tsi-turbo-manifold-v-band-flanged/atp-vvw-322~atp/ . I was originally planning on a customer tubular...
  11. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

It probably does, don't have many hills here though i'd be hitting in 6th, and out of boost downshifting is just as easy as stock turbo
  12. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

It's fine for me. Definitely notice some lag in the lower end, but not bad at all. It really is smooth to drive. Only time it gets a little crazy is if you floor it in low RPMs and the turbo spools, but starting up higher and leaning into it is no issue.
  13. smanierre

iRacing

Anyone trying to do a MX-5 race at Okayama this week? It's the track coming up so i've actually been practicing it and i'm not total dog shit on it right now
  14. smanierre

Let's see your PC's

Just took the first steps to upgrade my home network to 10Gbe. Starting with 2 1TB nvme drives to throw in my NAS as cache drives. This should let me saturate the connection writing to the server, although reading will still be slower if it's coming from the main array that is backed by...
  15. smanierre

Sean's Shadow Blue GTI

I wish I could help more on the HPFP side, but I just did it all right away without testing to see where the limits were on the stock HPFP. On just the MK7 R injectors w/ nostrum hpfp I was able to get about 400 at the wheels on 93. Once I switched over to E50 we turned on the aux fuel. It...