GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by StealthGTI

1. StealthGTI

What's the best (free) software for creating a video?

If you go the phone route, make sure you can keep it plugged into a charger. Video recordings drain the battery faster than you'd think. I cannot imagine it lasting for two hours without external power... not even close! Do some tests to make sure that having it plugged into a charger doesn't...
  2. StealthGTI

Woodworking/Lumber Question

Thanks! The boards got good and wet last night, especially on top. I was optimistic when I laid my level across around noon and saw that they were perfectly flat. Hours later, presumably after drying more, the boards were back to where they were in the top photo. I can live with that so long as...
  3. StealthGTI

Woodworking/Lumber Question

"Anything Goes?" Okay, here's an odd question: ;) I have these pressure-treated yellow pine deck boards. They're 5/4x6" and have a slight warp to them... They were a tad worse when they were still damp from the store. It's been a while since I last worked with getting bends out of wood...
  4. StealthGTI

Your previous rides......Share it !!

HAHA! Definitely ham radios. See the most recent setup in this post. I may add CB at some point. But I probably won't since I can monitor CB on two of my ham radios. Good one! Yeah, as Diggs said, "the 90s were a wild time!" I don't think it was faux-pas at the time, not yet in 1998-2002. I...
  5. StealthGTI

Your previous rides......Share it !!

My most recent cars: 1998 Jetta TDI, owned from 1998 to 2018 and 445,000+ miles... I had a pair of Mk6 Jetta TDIs until I replaced them with Dieselgate payouts... At "Peak-VW" in 2017... Now...
  6. StealthGTI

State of the Forum..

Thanks! I know hams don't come here to find ham content, but I know there are some here who may appreciate seeing it, even if they'd never do it to their cars. I have a new photo to share after I'm done catching up with other content. I'll share in the "What did you do" thread and my own...
  7. StealthGTI

State of the Forum..

The AdBlock browser add-on is great! I don't see ANY ads...
  8. StealthGTI

State of the Forum..

I've moderated a couple of forums in the past. It's thankless and can be tiring, especially without the support of the owners or "global moderators." Hats off to those who do it! Sometimes I forget that some people drive little enough that the end of their time warranty arrives before their...
  9. StealthGTI

UPDATE: SEE #17 Six Teenage Girls Killed in Car Crash With Semi

Thanks for the update! I guess I was correct in my speculation that the girls were turning left and possibly on their way back to school. Hopefully, the investigation finds nothing wrong with the truck's weights or logs.
  10. StealthGTI

Who Do You Follow on IG

? I don't know what that means, but thanks for the follow! :p
  11. StealthGTI

Shovelhd: "Blame the victim" was not directed at you. In fact, I was prefacing it before my own comments. Some who are sensitive for victims are quick to swing at those who put fault on the victims. As I look at the scenario, I tend to think that the student was at fault ("victim-blaming"). But...
  12. StealthGTI

Seat belt use, or lack thereof due to overloading, is about the only point of fact that was released in the article. Readers can only speculate from there. Most don't want to jump to "blaming the victim," which would preclude assuming driver inexperience, distraction, phone use, etc. Looking at...
  13. StealthGTI

It's tragic, but not unheard of in small towns. My family is from a small town of similar size. There, it was often a ritual to pile-into a car or pickup truck at lunchtime to go anywhere but the campus for lunch. Small towns can have what may be a false sense of safety. So, seat belt laws may...
  14. StealthGTI

Who Do You Follow on IG

Thanks! My IG shares are almost exclusively my GTI or things that I do with it. I try to stay consistent with my content, although I don't post very consistently. ;)
  15. StealthGTI

Who Do You Follow on IG

I follow a handful of VW pages such as vw_lifestyle, southeasteuro, humblemechanic, vw.insta, mk7owners, vag_offroad, and some smaller pages. I considered ditching IG a year ago when I left FB since they're co-owned. Instead, I deleted the IG app and visit only through the Brave browser with...