GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by sweati—

1. S

Custom Intake Help

I am considering going big turbo hopefully by winter or next summer. Has anyone made a custom intake moving the pipe to the passenger side? I’m doing this in part to put a catch can/meth tank on the driver’s side where there’s a bit more room above the transmission. Really looking for a solution...
  2. S

Issues with Cyls 1,3,4

Been watching cyls 1,3,4 pull around 3 degrees of timing between 2-3k rpm while cyl 2 pulls up to 1.5. It’s never over 3 degrees, however once pulling the plugs out the crowns of pistons 1,3,4 all have a white sheet over them. Any ideas of what might be causing this? Sorry for any autocorrect or...
  3. S

A Couple Questions About My MK6

I'm still fairly new around here and to VAGs in general (see my other single post), but I've noticed a few things about my new-to-me MK6 GTI. Let me preface this with the fact that I know nothing else about the car other than it had some bolt-ons when I purchased it as it was from a little lot...
  4. S

Launch control stock?

As much as I would like to agree and having had some experience in the FoST scene, it sounds a lot more like an ignition cut than a fuel cut that would be stock. Curious if anyone else has any insight into this.
  5. S

Launch control stock?

When up to temp it’ll cut at that RPM regardless of TCS on or off.
  6. S

Launch control stock?

Not sure if this is the right area, but oh well. Obligatory mobile user. I recently purchased a manual Mk6 second hand. It had an intake as well as a custom welded turbo back exhaust. I’ve noticed it has what seems to be a launch control that holds around 3,500 RPM when stopped and in gear with...