GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tdream1

1. tdream1

Tattoo’s

Absolutely, the one and the only, legendary, Led Zeppelin. I think I was so happy to get it, I felt little to no pain. It was just more of a scratchy feeling for both my tattoos. I know there are certain parts of the body that are more sensitive, especially near bone. The the forearms are a...
  2. tdream1

APR vs Unitronic stage 1 tune, which is better

Awesome! Happy to help. You'll love what they can do for ya!
  3. tdream1

I've been through APR then Uni Stage 2+, back to APR when 3.1 came out, then went COBB with Stratified tuning by Alex when I was K04. Alex was just starting to tune for my WMI system and it was impressive, but I ended up just deciding to bite the bullet and go with a bigger turbo. Ended up...
  4. tdream1

Tattoo’s

Love it! Here's my Zeppelin one.
  5. tdream1

Tattoo’s

It looks me years to figure out what I wanted to a get tattoo of. 14 years ago my girlfriend and I were on vacation and stopped by a tattoo shop and contemplated about getting one, but didn't just want to get something that was in one of the artist's portfolio or the many posted on the walls...
  6. tdream1

They're both solid tunes. You can't go wrong with either. Just choose the one that's most convenient for you to have done. You're not going to get a a solid answer as to which one is better as it's all subjective.
  7. tdream1

So the whole timing chain pulley issue...

Gotcha I have a 2010 and had my tensioner replaced years back as a precaution. I think a bunch of other people did the same.
  8. tdream1

So the whole timing chain pulley issue...

Honestly, VWOA isn't going to agree to replace parts just because they may fail. The extended warranty only covers if it does fail due to the outdated tensioner design.
  9. tdream1

Need help!!!!

The APR coil packs are a direct replacement. No need change your wiring harness.
  10. tdream1

The "Lo Res Car"...how the hell is this a real thing

I guess this is what the kids build in shop class these days. Far cry from the wooden shelf unit and spot welded metal box I made in the early eighties.
  11. tdream1

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I like the look of them! I would totally rock them, but it goes against my belief in badging a car with something it's not.
  12. tdream1

R8 Coil packs - does buying cheap mean inferior?

If you’re not having any issues with your current coil packs, I wouldn’t sweat it. According to your signature, you’re not tuned. If you want peace of mind for any modifications down the road, I’d recommend getting a set of the APR coil packs. It’s small money to pay. I never had an issue with...
  13. tdream1

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

Gotcha. Well, I guess logs are the next step. I hope it’s something simple and inexpensive.
  14. tdream1

APR Stage 3 GTX Cut Out

Scan for codes and when you have the time, run logs. Otherwise it's speculation. Good luck!