GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tdream1

1. tdream1

Any NAS gurus here (Network Attached Storage)

Buy your own router and put the FIOS into bridged mode.
  2. tdream1

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

It definitely pulls much harder and power is available even higher in the rpm range. It’s definitely a big investment. My car had such low mileage that it wasn’t a concern for me. I was actually working with Alex from Stratified with a custom tune for my K04 set up. He was just starting to dial...
  3. tdream1

Exactly the reason I don’t. 😁
  4. tdream1

No, granted it has all the goodies to. I just like having fun in the twisties and some open highway pulls.
  5. tdream1

Bought my 2010 off the showroom floor. I’ve primarily worked remotely for over a decade, hence my low mileage. Currently sitting under 52k miles. Stage 1 at 600 miles K04 at 4k miles GTX2867R at about 45k miles
  6. tdream1

What did you do to your MK6 today?

I actually had them code the newer gateway module for me before they sent out the kit. They may be able to do the same for you. Good luck!
  7. tdream1

The place I ordered it from took care of everything prior to sending it out to me. The installation was plug and play. EZT - Euro Zone Tuning out of CT is where I purchased it. They’re very helpful and responsive through their messaging system.
  8. tdream1

Put in an Antigravity lithium battery and a bluetooth battery tracking module. Battery is about 15 lbs. Pretty noticeable difference in steering response.
  9. tdream1

Head Unit Upgrade

Do a search on MIB2 PQ retrofits. It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Excellent interface and is mostly plug and play. You’ll need the updated canbus and possibly a microphone. The place I purchased mine from did all the leg work first, so it was a simple swap by my installer. The place is...
  10. tdream1

Upgraded RNS-510 with MIB2 PQ head unit.
  11. tdream1

Tune change

Stratified was fantastic for my protune when I had a K04. Alex was just a couple of iterations into dialing in for my WMI when I just decided to upgrade to the GTX2867R kit from APR. I can highly recommend Stratified for protuning expertise. I just stuck with APR when I upgraded to the larger...
  12. tdream1

It's still worth trying it, even if the misfires are gone. Unless, your tuner at Stratified recommends keeping them at .028. When I had my old K04 tuned by Alex at Stratified, I was using a .024 gap, as well as prior tunes from both Unitronic and APR.
  13. tdream1

For giggles, try gapping them down to .024 I ran that gap with multiple K04 tunes and currently with my APR Stage 3 GTX.
  14. tdream1

Big oil leaks :(

With the engine running, either pull the oil dipstick or remove oil cap. If the motor doesn’t bog down and continues to run the same, the PCV is shot. With a working PCV, the motor will start running rough as soon as one of those things are removed.
  15. tdream1

What to do next?

With the exception of having extra coil packs on hand, just in case. Just keep up with your regular maintenance as usual. I wouldn’t do mounts until you feel you need them. I didn’t do anything with mounts until I had a K04 installed.