GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by The Yetti

1. T

DG springs

Thanks!! 225-45-17
  2. T

DG springs

Ah! Back when I got them, there were actually different part numbers across the different styles. Maybe they changed that and brought them under on universal spring so can't say much to that. But will add that I get no rubbing or scraping unless the car is really loaded down with passengers and...
  3. T

Hawk? EBC? StopTech? Other? What do you use and why?

TBH if you just have a heavy foot, upgraded pads, lines and if you want, the bushings will be well worth it. When I was switching from my stock Lagunas to lighter RPF1s, I was going to do to the whole rotor swap and my tech (the second coming when it comes to VWs in the DC metro area)...
  4. T

DG springs

I am running the 4DR DSG on a 4DR DSG and I recommend you do the same. A couple years ago I did extensive research on VWR, Eibach, and the DG springs and learned that you'd want that extra weight protection just in case you fill the car up. The springs are rated for the weight of the car and...
  5. T

RPF1s 17x7.5 on stock suspension

Second zrickety. 17" RPF1s on 225x45 with DG springs and it is perfection. It makes my stock brakes look like BBK all the while making the ride so much more comfortable with these DC potholes.
  6. T

I had enough with these potholes

Alright guys. I had enough. Just got back from NYC last week to the DMV and in both areas, the roads are atrocious. Potholes so big they should be deemed DMZs. So I decided in the next few months, my next mod will be wheels and tires. So for wheels, I've narrowed it down to Neuspeed. Looks...
  7. T

Noise coming from rear -- Tapping/Clicking

Hey all, So I got my H&R bars and DG Springs installed around Thanksgiving. They've been great but since then have been making a slight tapping/clicking noise, like something is shifting. It only happens when I'm going over a potholed road or moving from standstill. Whenever the weight of the...
  8. T

DeAutoKey LED Fogs - 2 Questions

Okay, so I installed these beauts today and they looked great! Only problem I didn't install the resistors because I didn't originally have a bulb out. Five minutes later I did. I know how stupid hot the resistors get, anyone have suggestions on where to stick them? I know they said to put on...
  9. T

Unitronic TBE: Opinions?

Does anyone here have it? I can't decide between this an the CTS. Price point not being considered, anyone heard both and give me their thoughts on each? Or thoughts in general? I love how clean the Uni looks, and it seems to be crazy quality. I only found two videos but am worried about it...
  10. T

Unitronic TBE with APR Tune?

Hey all, Just wondering about this as I build up my kit for the car. I was looking at Unitronic's TBE and it looks really really nice. Sounds good too! I was planning to go mostly APR since the shop I work with deals with APR and I already have Stg 1 done. Would it be an issue to go Unitronic...
  11. T

Sounds like APR is Going Down

From the looks of it, it seems like he's part of lots of the regional pages on facebook. Maybe he just wants the fires to be stirred? Any one know about what's going on tomorrow? This is the first I've heard of something big being dropped.
  12. T

Sounds like APR is Going Down

Just saw this pop up, take what you want out of it! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=850450331633260&set=gm.705736236176938&type=1&theater Let me know if you guys can see that. If not I'll try to grab a screen shot.
  13. T

Stupidly Scratched Rear Door - CSG

Hey Guys, So idiot me, ended up scratching my door with my keys on my hip. I parked far away so no would would hurt the car, instead I did. As I was getting out, I tripped (don't even know how) and the keys attached to my hip got pushed into the door as I caught myself on the top of the car...
  14. T

Spare Tails -- New use question

Hi All, I was thinking of upgrading my tails to the R style in a couple months and ran across a thread that asked what people did with the stock parts after they upgraded. My girlfriend has an empty shed so I was thinking of storing my parts in there until otherwise. But I was thinking of ways...
  15. T

Just moved from NYC

Hey All, Just moved down from NYC to work in DC. Just wanted to give a shout out. Also would love to know, which dealer is the best around these parts? My car just ticked over 4k and would like a heads up for my next service. Thanks a bunch and hope to meet some of you guys.