GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by timk_

1. timk_

My 2009 2.0 TDI runabout and occasional track warrior

Yeah I certainly can't use traffic as an excuse for my subpar times! I felt like I was going to cook the pads because the braking become non-linear, but you're probably on the money and the tyres were just getting way too hot. I had to dump a whole lot of air to get them back to reasonable...
  2. timk_

Managed to make the track day in time with a new DMF and DSG clutch pack thankfully! I ran some 76 second laps at Lakeside Park which considering I was on eco tyres (Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus) and street pads I was super happy with. To be honest if I put sport tyres on I would have to...
  3. timk_

Unfortunately not off to a great start, I have a track day booked in that is two weeks away but my car is exhibiting all the symptoms of a dual mass flywheel failure! Fingers crossed it isn't anything worse and parts are available. 🤞
  4. timk_

Thanks for the advice, come to think of it I swapped between Carbotech 1521 (for street use) and XP10 pads (for track use) on my old car that was used predominantly for track events, and it didn't seem to do anything bad to the rotors or braking performance. I'm using ATE ceramic pads now so...
  5. timk_

Hey all, I've had my 2009 2.0 TDI for a year now, and have made a few improvements along the way. It's an awesome little car and I almost have to pinch myself to realise that I get to own and drive this thing! The car is primarily used to get groceries and other running around tasks, but I...