GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by torga

1. torga

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Eh, the price will be the price either way. I'm in no rush, I can wait a few months.
  2. torga

What did you do to your MK6 today?

This is 50% off today, so I'm a bit tempted. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/mk5-mk6-rear-upper-stress-bar-kit-stage-1/024773ecs01kt/
  3. torga

CSB Lounge: Thread On Decline As Mud Puts Zero Effort Or Creativity Into Thread Titles

Facebook is scraping up our shit-crusted conversions to serve me up some ads.
  4. torga

CSB Lounge: Thread On Decline As Mud Puts Zero Effort Or Creativity Into Thread Titles

"It's only gets up to 0.003% speed of light. Big deal. Now fiber optic cables, woobaby"
  5. torga

ChiChat19: uglybastard tells Chicagoans "You Can't Shit With Us"

oh so you do the wiping for others?
  6. torga

Curious issue with Osram headlights -- any electrical gurus?

brat burner pointed me in a different direction and it looks like I may need to swap some wires around in the CECM harness. Some other users here and on vortex were complaining that their pass. side DRL was off when both were supposed to be on, but one of the rear tail light fogs was on instead...
  7. torga

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Ok, so I straight up will have to unhook two connectors and swap a wire from one to the other. Thought it was just moving a wire from one pin to another within the same connector. Thanks!
  8. torga

I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the trigger wire. I have to bend myself in 8 places, but it's not too bad otherwise. The pin swap is done within a single connector, right? Some of these posts have confusing wording and make it seem like one wire from one connector has to be repinned...
  9. torga

Damn, you really are the keeper of the scrolls. Get your flair changed, man. Thanks! I read through some of the extra links y'all talked about, and it may be that I need to do the pin swap that was mentioned a few times. Gonna read through some other threads I found to make sure.
  10. torga

Y'all have any idea what byte in 09 module I can change to force DRL to come on? Been dealing with a coding issue on my headlights. Nutshell is, '1F' as byte 18 keeps errors at bay from my LED tails, but messes with the headlights. With 1F, the DRL are on when they should be, but the passenger...
  11. torga

Honestly... just learn to live with rattles. There will always be some. You stamp one down and another rattle will come out in short order. Chasing them turns into an endless game. I at least know how to fix the sunglasses holder rattling. If you pop it open, you'll see how the holder kinda...
  12. torga

My Golf R journey begins

Still have no idea why there are domes there from factory. Even without getting to access top plates, having such a tiny hole really limits tool options for fully torquing the top nut on struts.
  13. torga

Curious issue with Osram headlights -- any electrical gurus?

Holidays and life in general hit me, so I haven't really spent much time on this. Yesterday, I switched Byte 18 from '1F' (did this to get rid of bulb-out error with Euro tails) to '20' (VW Golf GTI NAR). With this byte, both DRL and low beams stay on together, but the the small LED (in same...
  14. torga

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

Late last year, one of the headlight washer covers either fell off my bumper or got stolen. Bought a replacement for about $30 from the dealer and when I found out I could buy a 12"x12" square of 3M "black metallic" wrap, I thought I'd check and see how close it is to the factory black pearl...
  15. torga

feels like this is on-topic, us at our keyboards