GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tulip_666

1. T

CEL - too lean at idle

Hey folks, Once again I am asking for help from men much more knowledgeable than me.. The other night while getting on the highway my car became extremely loud and the day after my engine light came on. I plugged in my code reader and it was telling me "system too lean at idle". I'm assuming...
  2. T

Ricer Spotted Thread

Honestly makes my day seeing new posts on this thread :ROFLMAO:
  3. T

I want loud catback, what catback i should get?

A cutout is 1. pretty cheap compared to an entire catback 2. useful as you can go from quiet to pretty loud quickly 3. not too hard to set up, I'd call a shop. Even if it's a basic shop, they should be able to do it for you without any issues..
  4. T

I want loud catback, what catback i should get?

Cutout for the win!!
  5. T

EPC light + flashing CEL

haha yup! first time happening to me! scared the life outta me lol...
  6. T

mst performance cold air intake v2

There is no way you will gain 20 HP from that. I run an APR intake which works pretty good but they are somewhat overpriced.
  7. T

EPC light + flashing CEL

Hey folks, was driving back from work last night when my car started shuddering pretty aggressively, the epc came on and cel started flashing. Car would start up but the idle was extremely rough. I was too nervous to drive the girl back home as I live an hour away so I got it towed to the...
  8. T

S3 TOP

Yep, buddy of mine is giving it to me as he sold his gti awhile back. Just gotta find some time to install as it gets dark at 5 round here..(n)
  9. T

S3 TOP

My bad, should have specified... It's actually an AWE top but similar style to the s3. They specifically mention this is for use on the tsi...
  10. T

S3 TOP

Hey folks, Looking at fitting an s3 top and was wondering if there was anything that I should be taking into consideration fitment wise. Also are there any other top I should consider before purchasing one?
  11. T

Should i tune my stock mk6 R?

^^^ This ^^^ The Mk6 R is already a really good car.. If I were in your position a stage 1 tune ecu and tcu tune is a really good bang for your buck. Again it's your car... mod it however you wish :)
  12. T

Should i tune my stock mk6 R?

As @butthead123 stated, it shouldn't be taking 2 full seconds to downshift. As far as mods go, do some research on the forum and figure out a solid plan on what you want to do... Not all of those mods are required if you are simply looking for quicker shifts. You would really benefit from...
  13. T

Gas mileage and tune

Shit.. I figured so... I feel like my tune is using considerable more fuel than stock, starting to worry me lol. Thanks for the reply.
  14. T

Gas mileage and tune

Lol I can't write for the life of me... I meant the consumption (L/100km for me) would rise (as it should), not the level of fuel efficiency... That being said, although the difference between estimated mpg and real life mpg differ, I was wondering if the estimated mpg would change due to a tune?
  15. T

Paint Chip Repair Help

^^ Gonna be trying this on my front bumper... hoping for the best but expecting a middle-of-the-road outcome... Ill be sure to post before and after pics(y)