GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by usefulidiot

1. usefulidiot

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Winter mode activated - Continental Viking Contact 7's/Goals, and oil change @284000kms
  2. usefulidiot

This...like g-magoo says. I went with the TTRS strut mounts. It's been a pretty universally applauded set-up on this forum.
  3. usefulidiot

Car look fantastic! I'm on Koni Sports with H&R Sports on 17x8 TFR's in the rusty penny spec for your reference.
  4. usefulidiot

Best site to buy parts for Canadians?

I'm talking about German Parts dot CA. Different place. GermanOEM fell off the side of a cliff years ago
  5. usefulidiot

Best site to buy parts for Canadians?

Good to know. I live far enough east of Toronto that any savings would be eclipsed by the cost of fuel. Germanparts.ca has regular sales & free shipping promotions. I'll keep bestway in mind if I'm going through the GTA(y) Thanks!
  6. usefulidiot

My passenger xenon burnt out. Replaced both. My hands are the size of Christmas hams. My buddy with normal hands mildly struggled on the passenger(easy)side. The drivers side is like some sort of sadistic contorsionist's wet dream. Had to unscrew and shift the fuse tray and struggle to gain...
  7. usefulidiot

Ricer Spotted Thread

The rare Tiffany & Taupe spec
  8. usefulidiot

What is this sound? (2013 gti)

My original blower motor started to faintly chirp. It graduated to Howling Banshee mode in cooler temps, especially winter. Like stated above an easy in/out. Was a cheap part at the time. My replacement has been quiet for about 160,000km
  9. usefulidiot

Who's owned their car the longest?

Understandable being an Alberta driver. Alberta winters are substantial 🥶❄️🏔️🐐
  10. usefulidiot

Who's owned their car the longest?

Bought the 5-banger 12 years & 7 months ago. Sitting at just shy of 270,000 Canadian miles. She's not a fancy girl, she knows she's not fast, but, she howls like Chewbacca firing a gatling gun, and an RS3's step cousin. I've rewarded her with some upgrades, and she loves it when I take her on...
  11. usefulidiot

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Had a bunch of work done by a buddy when I was laid up. Wheel bearings - both front. Control arms + ball joints. Drivers tie rod. Strut mounts and bearings - front(bad drivers side bearing). Endlinks - front and an alignment. Oil change + winter setup on. Car's at 268,000km and strong...
  12. usefulidiot

Haven't driven the car in a while. Ended up getting a staph infection in my right leg, which was super fun! I had a parts cache of a bunch of front end goodness for items that were at or past their service life at 268,000kms. My buddy knocked them off for me. After an alignment it's new car...
  13. usefulidiot

Interior Rattle Driving Me Crazy

Like GiJoe said the area could be somewhere else. This reads like my experience which ended up being a rusting out resonator and exhaust clamp. You mentioned certain RPMs and bumps, which could jostle anything loose under the car, or alter the frequency of vibration...exhaust, heat shield...
  14. usefulidiot

Then you should name the mid-wing Joe Mamas Lunch & Lean