GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by virtualbong

1. V

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

Yep, I hate them. There's a company called, "Rodenheiser" here in Massachusetts and it's a big scam. They put a lot of money into marketing so people feel like they are a decent company to go with but every time...the solution is..."Replace the entire HVAC system". My response, "Oh, ok, bye"...
  2. V

Mk6 GTI Aftermarket Parts... Cleaning out after blowing engine

Send you a message regarding bundling items and shipping.
  3. V

Brake Pad Wear Light on ***Need assistance diagnosing issue***

I have a brake pad wear warning on but all of the pads have plenty of life left since I just changed them last year. I took a look at the brake pad sensor (from the brake pad) and then the harness (from the vehicle) and it looks like the connection is poor...the harness looks like it's damaged...
  4. V

Sunroof issues

Yes, I actually found a little plastic piece that somehow got in the rails and was causing the sunroof not to close. I did take the time to clean the rails and also grease it. Working perfectly now.
  5. V

Sunroof issues

I'm having the same issue I had last year with my sunroof where it would get to 80% close but then stop and open again. I cleaned the rails and luckily it closed. I was too scared to open the sunroof during this past winter so I waited until this spring to try it again and it was working up...
  6. V

Brake wear sensors

Is it as simple as matching colored wires? Anyone have pics of this?
  7. V

Poor mileage

I had the same problem and then realized I loved hearing my CAI hiss so I just jam my foot down on the pedal and shift like a mad man.
  8. V

Sunroof won't close on its own. How to manually close?

I was about to punch a hole through my wall because of this sunroof not closing issue but I cleaned the track like you did and applied some garage door opener lubricant (that's all I had) and turned the knob 1/4 close, open, 1/2 close, open, 3/4 close, open, 1/2 close, open, 3/4 close, open...
  9. V

Mk6 gti parts

Where are you located?
  10. V

(2010 Gti) P2196 and P2096 o2 sensor too rich / too lean

Could be a bad MAF sensor. I think I had the P2096 when my MAF sensor went bad or needed cleaning. You can buy one of those MAF cleaner sprays for a cheap possible solution.
  11. V

Snow tire setup for sale

How much are you letting them go for?
  12. V

Lots of parts for sale!!!!

Are you parting out the car as well?
  13. V

Feeler/FS: 2013 CSG Golf R 4dr Boston Area

Another option is that we could try to work out a trade for my 2014 GTI + cash :)
  14. V

do I need a new turbo? Code P0299

So that included the diagnosis, parts (new or used turbo?) and installation correct? I am wondering how tough of an install this is and if I could do this on my own with the help of my father who is very mechanically savvy. I'll have to do some youtubing.