GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by whalesalad

1. whalesalad

Review: Black market Turbo Outlet Pipe & Charge pipe

Your front charge pipe looks identical to my Neuspeed pipe. I'm sure it is, actually. +1 to you for saving some cash over name brand.
  2. whalesalad

Cleaned my intake valves this weekend... holy balls.

I have a 2010 CBFA 2.0TSI with a little over 42,000 on the clock Here is before. All of mine were pretty damn horrible. I only had my iPhone on me at the time that I took these shots, so sorry for the poor quality. And this was after lots of scrubbing and a Chemtool B12/CLR combo. Definitely...
  3. whalesalad

Angeles Crest Hwy is OPEN!

I used to go up there weekly, or even multiple times a week. When I had my MK3 back in high school I'd smash up there all the time. I even wrecked it up there =( It's a great road though. The entire road from the beginning to Redbox / the Mt. Wilson turn out has been repaved and it's super...
  4. whalesalad

APR Stage II, Lots of rich/lean O2 issues, hiccups in throttle

Hey Guys, Running APR Stage II with a B&B downpipe. I've had problems forever with rich/lean codes that I attributed to a leak in my exhaust. Took it to a muffler shop to have a v-band coupler installed the other weekend, but the guys said that it wasn't leaking where I thought it was. Then...
  5. whalesalad

VVT Engagement?

I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge on the variable valve timing stuff inside of the TSI. I've noticed that my gas mileage is considerably better below 3k, so I am wondering if the VVT kicks in at that point.
  6. whalesalad

FS: AME Fins 18x8, 18x9 +43 with 225/40 all around [CA]

I'm putting my AME Fins up for sale. AME was the luxury division of Enkei back in the day. These wheels are 100% JDM, manufactured by Enkei in Japan. I had them professionally re-drilled and inserted to go from 5x114.3 to 5x112. The lips are polished aluminum, the faces are chrome. There is some...
  7. whalesalad

626 Cha For Tea Meet FRIDAYS

Hey Guys, There's a meet in the 626 every friday night that ends up being pretty cool. It's off Main/Garfield in Alhambra, behind Cha for Tea in a big ass parking lot. Click the map for a direct link to google maps. I'll be there tonight! Just got new wheels on my car. Teaser! Previous...
  8. whalesalad

Testing Waters: CBFA B&B Downpipe (California, no rust!)

Hey Everyone, Testing the waters on my B&B downpipe with high-flow cat. I'm thinking about returning to stock as I have far too many tickets under my belt (paying a lawyer $1500 cash tomorrow, to appear in court with me on Friday) This is a testing-waters kind of post, accepting offers. I paid...
  9. whalesalad

Suspension clunk, on coilovers

Hey Guys, I was plagued with suspension noises for a while after first doing my susp. install. Turns out one of my sway bar endlinks wasn't tight, so it jiggled inside of the swaybar and, it being hollow, made a lot of annoying noise. I tightened it up real good and suddenly my car was...
  10. whalesalad

OMG 2011 Flash is here from NeuEuroTunez!!!

STOP. RELAX! I made it up, there is no such thing as NeuEuroTunez. While you guys wait for the boys at APR/Revo/GIAC to crack the encryption on the 2011 ECU's, why not invest in some other modifications that will also make your car a LOT more fun to drive? Examples include... Suspension This...
  11. whalesalad

B&B Downpipe + Stock Catback = Tinny noise?

Is anyone else experiencing this with their B&B downpipe? I mean any other manufacturer's downpipe might make this similar noise as well. The B&B has one single cat, high-flow. It sounds great under full load (too great, got ticketed the other day) but otherwise it sounds pretty bad. Like a tin...
  12. whalesalad

Motor mounts?

Hey Guys, I am approaching 10k miles... pushing more power now as Stage II. I'm starting to feel the motor jerk a bit more when engaging the clutch, shifting, etc.... I already have a BFI torque arm mount. I'm interested in upgrading my motor mounts but do not want a really gnarly increase in...
  13. whalesalad

B&B Downpipe, Stage II APR, Constant CEL :)

Hey Guys, Been running the B&B downpipe for a while now and have been noticing a lot of check engine lights popping up. Each time I go in to check them with my VAG-COM it turns out being the o2 sensor running too lean or too rich. I'm running Stage 2... not sure if they did the testpipe install...
  14. whalesalad

Strut Bearing Noise???

Reposted from VW Vortex... Ever since installing my B&G coils my car has been making all kinds of funny noises. Originally I realized that the the top nuts for my struts were not nearly tight enough... which led to one of my struts having about 6 or 7 threads completely stripped from rubbing...
  15. whalesalad

B&G RS2, how to install sway bar endlinks?

I've got them on but they're not adjusted correctly. At the moment they're fairly tight (the length of the adjustable endlink) and if you turn the wheel all the way in one direction, the sway bar is pulled up and pushes the axel. How long should they be?? There are no B&G instructions for the...