GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Winoman

1. W

Convince me not to get into a '15 Camry XSE

I actually had this Camry (sported up model) as a rental out in LA this winter and I gotta say I really enjoyed the car (for a rental). It was reasonably quick, comfortable and handled well - even looked pretty good (a first for the Camry). I personally would never own one - for many reasons (no...
  2. W

So possible new car, what would you get?

I'm still quite enjoying my GTI...and with some power & handling upgrades its as legit a drivers car as any on your list (at least in the ballpark). I think I'll be happy with mine for quite some time. That being said I'm already planning for my future vehicle purchase (2-3 years from...
  3. W

Limp mode scare...

After a bit of wheel hop on acceleration went immediately into limp mode with EPC light on followed by check engine light. Never had experienced the car so weak...no turbo at all...lots of fuel dumping and hesitation/backfire...at times was nearly overheating - coolant & oil temp high...would...
  4. W

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

:thumbup: Low mileage - could be an awesome car (I want one...that one even...)
  5. W

Volkswagen – Why can't everyone just get along.

I'm not much into groups and such but the few times I've hung out with Porsche, Ferrari, BMW & Audi folks at various get togethers I've always had a good time. I'd agree that the Porsche crowd had the highest percentage of just really nice (and interested in all sorts of cars) enthusiasts...
  6. W

Concept Volvo Estate

Does look very nice....but Volvo's track record of late hasn't been too promising...
  7. W

skip BMW and Mercedes-Benz and buy a Volkswagen Jetta GLI "CR"

Yeah...well I've done my part over the years. In years past I've convinced a number of my wealthier friends & relatives to give Audi a look (when they were about to purchase yet another Merc or BMW) - and most delighted in the snazzy looks & interior (& decent performance....many ended up with S...
  8. W

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

I almost bought a (used) Mazdaspeed 6 instead of my first GTI (2010 MK VI). Seriously considered it. There was a low mileage one for sale nearby. It was a reasonably compact car with great power, handled well and had AWD...I just liked the smaller/nimbler feel of the GTI. The Speed 6 always...
  9. W

Agreed. Miata is (and has always been) really sweet. Mazda RX-7s (all but the 2nd Gen IMO) were awesome cars and the RX-8 was a great handling car (could have used some more power). Mazda 3 is decent and the Speed 3 is fantastic (for what it is). Mazdaspeed 6 was really nice as well and the 626s...
  10. W

Would you trade for a e46 M3??

What he said....at least its something to consider. You have to consider what you'll mostly be doing with the car. if its driving on a track - maybe the M3 is for you. Also the type of daily driving could influence your decision. I could imagine the GTI being better to live with in stop and go...
  11. W

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

Very nice. Funny though they feel the need to upgrade their synthesized engine sounds....
  12. W

Not all stretches of the Autobahn are speed limit free - and some have varying speed limits depending on weather & such and it seems that the Germans in general have been imposing more speed limits in areas where they once didn't exist...all that being said I've been passed when I've been doing...
  13. W

Got to say - our e46 330ZHP has been so reliable its not funny. We've had 1 (leaking) gasket issue and a window regulator and our emergency brake was deficiently weak from the get go (but is much better now). We've got 85+K miles (not much for its age but still....) Great car. I would say it...
  14. W

A number of years ago when I had my Mazda Millennia S I let a friend who drove a "sporty" 350 Lexus drive my Mazda and it totally blew him away how much better the Mazda drove/handled (and it did drive well). I never drove his car...but I never had much of a desire too either...
  15. W

I would agree with this. However, I've always enjoyed the various incarnations of the G35/37 sedans I've had as rental cars - used mostly around town and as highway cruisers. The latest gen is really a great car out on the highway - and I've had fun pushing it pretty hard in some sweeping 2...