GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by yee_ti

1. Y

Review - Shuenk TSI K03+ Turbo - Dyno

ehh you will free up about 10-15hp to the crank i think based on butt dyno, getting an actual tune from someone is going to be your best option if you want power
  2. Y

Mine has been solid, i beat the piss out of my car, and its been running strong. Developed a kind of whiny sound like when K03s start to go bad, but its on the opposite side of the engine bay so im 99% sure it has something to do with my pod filter, not the turbo. WalkerT did some borescoping...
  3. Y

I would like to share a quick update, stock airbox is a no-go on this turbo. After the ECU has learned the wastegate behavior with the APR tune, its consistently hitting 22psi of boost (which is the max the ecu can request on stock turbo tunes due to the map sensor), however in the mid range...
  4. Y

Thats an important metric, i appreciate that walker. With that information, seems like on an e30 blend, 320whp is the sweet spot for this turbo?
  5. Y

can someone sticky this in one of the main modification threads LMAOOO I appreciate that response, Puts together a lot of different pieces of information I had and makes them make sense. On another note, I had my DSG fluid changed 12k miles ago because my coil packs were failing and somehow...
  6. Y

Seems like my friends have convinced me to go down the slippery slope of power lmao. I cant find any definitive answers on this, because everyone in every thread ever either echochambers without any real information and hard evidence, or they just go back and forth on the topic. Looks like ill...
  7. Y

Hey boys and girls, bumping this thread because (after shipping delays and unfortunately many financial delays), the boys and i got my shuenk K03+ on this weekend. Took us about 11 hours, 7-8 hours if you dont count breaks and part store runs in the process haha. Quick impression of the turbo...
  8. Y

Anyone running APR Stage 2 on this turbo yet? Ill be strapping a K03+ on here in about a month or so on my APR software, but until then im still anxious/excited to see some numbers 😄
  9. Y

Water/Meth on APR

Yes I am on a stock turbo, the meth kit I got comes with a #3 (157mL) nozzle and a #5 (375mL) nozzle, I also got the throttle body plate and a gauge hood as it comes with the VC-50 gauge. I am in the Phoenix area and I called Goodspeed and they said they charge $200 an hour to dyno tune the meth...
  10. Y

Water/Meth on APR

Thanks for the replies :) sounds like I’ll add the 100+ map to the tune as well and give it a shot. I’ll play around with mixes too, does the GTI have a ping sensor? Is that how it automatically pulls timing as the conditions get more adverse? If so then the car is even more reliable than even I...
  11. Y

Water/Meth on APR

Hey guys! I’ve been stalking the forums for about a year now while I’ve been doing more and more to my GTI, but I haven’t been able to find this topic covered well in the brief searches I did on vwvortex and golfmk6. So I am running APR Stage 2 on a 91 file because that is all that is available...