GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by zrickety

1. zrickety

Tony's Black GTI

Looks great Tony. Where did you get the walnut blasting gun and material, also ebay?
  2. zrickety

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Hood looks great...but doesn't that keep the heat in?
  3. zrickety

Another timing chain failure

Damn dude, I've never seen a connecting rod look like that. You definitely had something else going on, maybe a stuck injector. LKQ will sell you a motor about $2800 with 30 day warranty, might be the way to go.
  4. zrickety

What did you pay to have your tensioner updated?

Didn't see an easy way to do that, but after searching here is a pdf. I like the drilled hole lol. https://www.docdroid.net/BLF0bsC/tensioner.pdf
  5. zrickety

Rebuilding a 2.0 TSI after timing failure *ON A BUDGET*

I'm working on the car. ARP studs in, head is on. There is a 'cooling flange' on the driver side where the plastic basically disintegrated. I missed this earlier, part of the plastic stayed in the head with the o-ring. So add another $19 to the total...($960)
  6. zrickety

ChiChat19: Trolls Return - But For How Long?

Yes, many would argue that it was Chic without the k...it is a mandela effect. There are many of them. Rabbit holes galore!
  7. zrickety

ChiChat19: Trolls Return - But For How Long?

Gonna throw a monkey wrench in here... Wasn't Chick-Fil-A, Chic-Fil-A? Does anyone remember the latter?
  8. zrickety

What did you pay to have your tensioner updated?

6 hours is definitely fair to do it right. Yes, it can be done faster but that cover is a real PITA. Everything is tedious on that side because there's no room. The engine mount, the turbo outlet, the belt tensioner pulley are all in the way. I actually drilled a hole in the belt tensioner...
  9. zrickety

ASTRID - Track Rat Build

Were you having issues with the flywheel/transmission, or are you just concerned about the play? I've handled quite a few manual DMF and what your video shows is pretty normal.
  10. zrickety

Thanks guys. If you go 'by the book,' VW would have you throw the head away. I've got $400 in new parts and machine work and it's ready to go back in. Shopdap.com will sell you a reman head, timing kit and gaskets for this job...about $2500 ($600 back on core charge). I'm not worried about...
  11. zrickety

So the saga continues. I was on call this weekend and of course work was busy. If you've ever replaced an intake manifold, you may find chunks of plastic missing like this: All that flapper movement takes it's toll on the head. The aluminum actually wears down: This could potentially...
  12. zrickety

Two GM Engineers Caught Street Racing C8 'Vettes

Don't these guys have a test track??
  13. zrickety

Mk6 vs mk7 golf chassis - towbar

In my experience, the MK6 and MK7 are too different. If the part numbers for the hitch are not the same, it's not going to work without major fabrication. Best to sell what you have on ebay or the forum, and buy the right one.
  14. zrickety

Thank you. Let's meet up at the track this spring?? Bring your rebuild and I'll bring mine...
  15. zrickety

LOL thanks for the tips. I have a parts list on the first page, which includes an oem manifold, oem tensioner, oem crank seal, and Febi chain. I have good experience with Febi parts. I've done 2 other intake manifolds and reused the injector seals, a little silicone spray goes a long way...