GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

unitronic,apr or ie downpipe?

plainfield2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 gti autobahn
right now i have unitronic stage 1+ tune. looking to go stage 2. i know unitronic and ie use the engine block mounting bracket but apr does not. any issues with apr vibrating without engine block mounting bracket? emissions in rhode island is every 2 years so i know i have to go back to stock tune. i know apr uses gesi high flow cat so i was wondering if i still need a spacer? everyone have a nice day!

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
right now i have unitronic stage 1+ tune. looking to go stage 2. i know unitronic and ie use the engine block mounting bracket but apr does not. any issues with apr vibrating without engine block mounting bracket? emissions in rhode island is every 2 years so i know i have to go back to stock tune. i know apr uses gesi high flow cat so i was wondering if i still need a spacer? everyone have a nice day!

I have no problem not using the engine bracket with my unitronic DP. The bracket was removed with the OEM DP.

CarolinaPanthers

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI 6mt
I have the IE downpipe with the stock tune. With a Vibrant straight spacer and the largest insert I haven’t had a CEL in about 800 miles. Others have had similar results.

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
hello, do you find stage 2 much different from stage1+?
Yes, I feel the difference between stage 1 and stage 2. I'm in CA, so I got stage 1 91 Octane. 3 months later I got stage 2 with DP. To me, stage 2 normal (D) is liked stage 1 in race (S), and Stage 2 Race (S) is more pull than stage 1 Race (S). It's not a big jump, but it still puts smile on my face. Also it's surprised many high end cars here in SoCAL that want to pass me on the right lane.

plainfield2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 gti autobahn
Yes, I feel the difference between stage 1 and stage 2. I'm in CA, so I got stage 1 91 Octane. 3 months later I got stage 2 with DP. To me, stage 2 normal (D) is liked stage 1 in race (S), and Stage 2 Race (S) is more pull than stage 1 Race (S). It's not a big jump, but it still puts smile on my face. Also it's surprised many high end cars here in SoCAL that want to pass me on the right lane.
thanks what downpipe are you using?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Unitronic DP has been perfect.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
No love for the mystery metal $329 depo racing catted pipe? Made with love and at least some actual steel.