GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Start/Stop Button Heartbeat Tweak

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone try this on their 2016 R with Driver Assist? Others with Golfs and GTI's seem to not be able to. I won't have the time to try it until Saturday.

Heart-Beat light effect on Start Engine Button for Keyless
Module B7 - Access Startsystem Interface
Security Access -> 20103
Adaptation
Submenu - DeveloperCoding: Search lights
- ZAT_illumination_concept_mybeat_clamp58xt -> Activated (Default -> Not activated)
- ZAT_illumination_modus_mybeat_clamp58xt -> Activated (Default -> Not activated)

This might be clearer instructions:
ENG123036-ENG154826-DeveloperCoding: Search lights-ZAT_illumination_concept_mybeat_clamp58xt
ENG123036-ENG154827-DeveloperCoding: Search lights-ZAT_illumination_modus_mybeat_clamp58xt

Credit: DV52 on vortex.com

Last edited:

NatGTI

I tried to do this using VCDS a couple months ago on my 2019 R. The settings listed were not available. Would be a neat thing to turn on..

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I tried to do this using VCDS a couple months ago on my 2019 R. The settings listed were not available. Would be a neat thing to turn on..
Good to know. Even within the same model year some tweaks cannot be performed as VW can change the programming.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Just tried it - doesn't work on my car. It's module 05, and the channels are there. They let me change them to activated. I turned the ignition off then on again once I was done, but the light stayed solid both when just the ignition was on and when the engine was running.

Tacoshammer1

I have a 2019 and did this a month ago with obdeleven. It’s okay, not very bright, it’s noticeable if it’s dark and the cabin lights are off.

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 2019 and did this a month ago with obdeleven. It’s okay, not very bright, it’s noticeable if it’s dark and the cabin lights are off.
I also did this months ago on 2018 R. I don't really notice unless I'm looking for it.