GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

Gprro

Random question. The Cobb tune will throw TD1, correct? What’s the chances you do a TD1 reset, and warranty might still work for anything engine/ drive line?

Considering if I keep current car... Trying sell or trade for an R probably.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Random question. The Cobb tune will throw TD1, correct? What’s the chances you do a TD1 reset, and warranty might still work for anything engine/ drive line?

Considering if I keep current car... Trying sell or trade for an R probably.

You can't reset the flash counter period.

thunderstruck1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
How do you figure out if it's identified your transmission correctly? I have a 2019 with DSG and need to make sure I'm using a compatible file for the 7 speed.

Gprro

Also, what kind of trap speeds for stock GTI and R on good 93, on the stock Eqt tunes can be expected? Good air etc, ideal condition...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So the flash counter without having an actual TD1 show up will be obvious, and an immediate warranty nope?

Depends on what type of warranty work. My dealer warrantied my thermostat housing leak and my ECU has been flashed numerous times.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Engine, turbo, and trans would be the concerns.

Would almost for sure void the warranty for those things. My thermostat housing leak fix could have been considered an engine part warranty but it depends upon the dealer you use. Mine is mod friendly.

Gprro

Would almost for sure void the warranty for those things. My thermostat housing leak fix could have been considered an engine part warranty but it depends upon the dealer you use. Mine is mod friendly.

Cool, thought would be like that. Didn’t know if people have had experience with Cobb and resetting the TD1, and getting lucky maybe w bigger engine related warranty claims.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Cool, thought would be like that. Didn’t know if people have had experience with Cobb and resetting the TD1, and getting lucky maybe w bigger engine related warranty claims.

Unfortunately TD1 or actually the flash counter can't be reset by anyone.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
I've always been of the opinion that an otherwise healthy car (barring built on Friday afternoon problems such as badly torqued bearings/freak accidents) will live a longer and healthy life @ Stage2 power levels.

It's life is easier overall, less restrictions, a lot less lean under boost ect.

If you've put 20k miles of non-babied life on her and nothing has showed signs of weakness, treat yourself. :)

J_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 gti
Random, but I am apr stage 2 and I know before flashing eqt it is advised to flash back to stock but my dealer has a 2 week wait minimum and I have the ap with eqt base tune sitting in front of me .... will I be okay if I just flash over the apr tune?