GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Oh damn, 112degC. Looks like my temps are just fine.

PS
Every time I see my wife's Beetle oil temp sitting at 92degC (max), I get jealous. :) It's a 1.8 liter and untuned, but still. ^_^

My wife's GLI sits at 194F. Same oil and essentially the same engine, however, not tuned or driven by some mad man 😁.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
From what I've been reading, and what Patrick said in his email to us that didn't have v2.0 loaded in AP for their recent sale, it deals with the common diverter valve bleed/flutter that has been frustrating tuners for a while. Seems they have figured it out and incorporated it in v2.0.
This was on the staged tunes at least. Don't know about the Protune, may be the same though.

Just got done with a couple 3rd gear pulls (2200-6000) and can indeed vouch that the "v2" does remove the DV flutter. Funny because I never really picked up on it being there....until it was missing through those WOT pulls. 3rd revision on this protune and I think Ed has it dialed in perfectly....hauls like a freight train.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Just got done with a couple 3rd gear pulls (2200-6000) and can indeed vouch that the "v2" does remove the DV flutter. Funny because I never really picked up on it being there....until it was missing through those WOT pulls. 3rd revision on this protune and I think Ed has it dialed in perfectly....hauls like a freight train.

Nice. You just sold a hundred more tunes for EQT 😁 .

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Same oil. As far as ambients go, my switch to EQT coincided with the start of very warm weather. It seems that quite a few folks that run EQT have pretty high (at least by my standards) oil temps. Then again, those temperatures may be just fine.

I'll let you know if my oil temps change after my tune.

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
Chiming in: I haven't driven much due to working from home, but the few trips I've taken since the V2.0 update, I didn't notice my oil temps being any higher than usual, and I almost always have the gauge cluster display set to Oil Temp.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Chiming in: I haven't driven much due to working from home, but the few trips I've taken since the V2.0 update, I didn't notice my oil temps being any higher than usual, and I almost always have the gauge cluster display set to Oil Temp.

My oil temps didn't go up because of the update. They went up after I ditched Unitronic and went with EQT.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
V2.0 Is amazing.
More power everywhere, smoother, and that bump up top!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Following up my log from the other day with the higher than normal IAT's.

Today I drove for over an hour, mixture of highway/city, monitored temps the whole time and everything looked good, right where they should be.

At the end of the drive I got a decent log on a 3rd gear pull. I forgot to turn ESC completely off and I ran out of road too early, so it wasn't the best log performance wise, but IAT's were great. Temps weren't terrible even at the beginning coming out of the stop sign, and they stayed 7-10* over ambient for the entire pull.

Not sure why I had those abnormal temps a couple days ago, lots of variables as discussed, but I'm not worried about it now. I"ll continue to monitor but things seem good right now.

Here's the log if anyone's interested, feedback appreciated.

https://datazap.me/u/kyacrash/3rd-gear-pull-0?log=0&data=0-3-6-8-11-15-20-40-45

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
If you have LC and v2.0 do not use it till Ed can figure out the issue.

"Important Message Regarding EQT v2.0 Update

Dear EQT Customers,
We have discovered a bug in our v2.0 tunes that has to do with the fuel cut based launch control system. If you are running our v2.0 file and have selected the Custom Launch Control option (LC), please read carefully.
We have received reports that some cars are experiencing higher than expected boost levels when engaging the custom launch control. In extreme cases and prolonged application, this can create a potentially dangerous condition. As such, we are instructing that our customers DO NOT ENGAGE LAUNCH CONTROL until we have this issue resolved. In the meantime, we have also paused sending any tunes with the launch control option. We are working on a solution and we will send out updated files to everyone who has received a v2.0 tune.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible."

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you have LC and v2.0 do not use it till Ed can figure out the issue.

"Important Message Regarding EQT v2.0 Update

Dear EQT Customers,
We have discovered a bug in our v2.0 tunes that has to do with the fuel cut based launch control system. If you are running our v2.0 file and have selected the Custom Launch Control option (LC), please read carefully.
We have received reports that some cars are experiencing higher than expected boost levels when engaging the custom launch control. In extreme cases and prolonged application, this can create a potentially dangerous condition. As such, we are instructing that our customers DO NOT ENGAGE LAUNCH CONTROL until we have this issue resolved. In the meantime, we have also paused sending any tunes with the launch control option. We are working on a solution and we will send out updated files to everyone who has received a v2.0 tune.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve this issue as quickly as possible."

This must be very important because I've received that email twice today.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
This must be very important because I've received that email twice today.

Looks like 1 guy on facebook mighta fucked his motor up. Sounds like the guy had already talked to Ed about it and he knew not to do it but he still did it anyway.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks like 1 guy on facebook mighta fucked his motor up. Sounds like the guy had already talked to Ed about it and he knew not to do it but he still did it anyway.

I feel so left out not being on Facebook