GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm sure SS is nice and all, but I've never had problems with standard line fittings before, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out. I'm not even sure SS lines is really much of a benefit either. That being said, if I were to do it again, I'd get SS fittings. lol.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I think it comes out to around $80 bucks for enough to cover all 8 pistons

Here's the link to the 42mm ones. I'm probably going to grab a set at the end of this summer. Might as well toast the stock boots first :p:
https://www.ohioperformancesolution...individual-pressure-seal-high-temp-dust-boots
So we have a problem. While the caliper is new, I said I'll change the seals and boots since I know I'll hit the track. The pistons are 42mm, but the outer part of the dust boot seem too small for the caliper. I emailed Ohio Performance, and hopefully they have a high temp solution.

EDIT: They got back to me and no dice. Their solution will not work with this setup.

49885153007_9b24a2cd76_k.jpg49885153112_6748672f98_5k.jpg

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
In the meantime I found (replaces Brembo dust boot 20.7799.08) :
New Dust Boots AND piston seals: CENTRIC 14362059 $10 per caliper
New Audi Dust Boots (Brembo): 8R0698472 $36 per caliper

New Audi Seals are included with a new piston, and they are about $150 per piston, so might as well order a new caliper or the centric set if you need seals

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
So we have a problem. While the caliper is new, I said I'll change the seals and boots since I know I'll hit the track. The pistons are 42mm, but the outer part of the dust boot seem too small for the caliper. I emailed Ohio Performance, and hopefully they have a high temp solution.

EDIT: They got back to me and no dice. Their solution will not work with this setup.

View attachment 172973View attachment 172974
Damn, that sucks to hear

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I'm sure SS is nice and all, but I've never had problems with standard line fittings before, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out. I'm not even sure SS lines is really much of a benefit either. That being said, if I were to do it again, I'd get SS fittings. lol.
In FL, you probably won't have a issue. Us Northerners will have, at least cosmetically, rust issues on the fittings due to salt.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 172973View attachment 172974

So the seals are a go, the boots are a no?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
So the seals are a go, the boots are a no?
Yes. The seals are usually ok on the OEM set, the boots are what get damaged quickly. Unfortunately, not worth buying this set for just the seals.

On another note, Ohio Performance Solutions is a great company, and wish they had what I needed from them. I hope to do business with them in the future. They are real enthusiasts like us.

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Looks like RacingBrake has rebuild kits listed for these 42mm pistons (based on CENTRIC 14362059 compatibility), so hopefully they'll be working on a high temp dust boot for the Camaro/Corvette crowd and we can benefit. Imagine there isn't a huge demand from the Macan market for track focused brake parts.

https://racingbrake.com/camaro-3/

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Got a Reply from Racing Brake. They do have the high temp available and it's on the website. A set for Two calipers after shipping and tax is about $150, or about 7 complete centric sets.

Racing brake does also sell a SS piston set, which is pretty cool.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Got a Reply from Racing Brake. They do have the high temp available and it's on the website. A set for Two calipers after shipping and tax is about $150, or about 7 complete centric sets.

Racing brake does also sell a SS piston set, which is pretty cool.

Any feedback from them if they'd work on the Macan calipers?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Last edited: