GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I have LC enabled on mine but honestly haven't used it. I received my v2.0 file on 5/8 and then the updated 2.01 on 5/10 @1AM. Email subject line on the v2.01 was "Important V2.01 Map Update EQT" and isn't the order number like the v2.0 email. Just in case it got buried somewhere in your email.

Went through all the responses and nada. But I know they are busy AF and I'm patient, so no biggie. It'll come.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Does the cobb traction control induce knocking? I've noticed when the cobb tc kicks in I end up getting an extreme knock on one cylinder it looks like, as in the like 6/7/8 k when typically when I've just cruising around at most i'd ever get would be 2/3

EvoFool

Car(s)
‘03 Evo 8, ‘18 R
Hammersticks: I think it’s 1-2 minutes roughly to swap tunes. I was too giddy to pay better attention to that last time I flashed the R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Quick question, reflashing to stock only takes a couple min, right? Not the 30 min it took for the AP to gather all of the car’s data when initially installed?

Yeah, only a couple of minutes. Nowhere near the amount of time the initial flash takes.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Does the cobb traction control induce knocking? I've noticed when the cobb tc kicks in I end up getting an extreme knock on one cylinder it looks like, as in the like 6/7/8 k when typically when I've just cruising around at most i'd ever get would be 2/3

I haven't noticed any KR from Cobb traction control. I use it A LOT and absolutely love it where EQT preset it at level 3, although you'll still spin right through it in the rain.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I haven't noticed any KR from Cobb traction control. I use it A LOT and absolutely love it where EQT preset it at level 3, although you'll still spin right through it in the rain.
Maybe it was just bad factors of it kicking in and shifting up at the same time or something

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Posted in the EQT tuning Q&A in the golf R thread, but I'll ask here just in case.
Does anyone happen to know whether EQT offers a base 91 tune for is38 GTI's?
I also see that there's an e30 staged tune for golf R's, but can that be applied to GTI's too?

thanks for any info.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Posted in the EQT tuning Q&A in the golf R thread, but I'll ask here just in case.
Does anyone happen to know whether EQT offers a base 91 tune for is38 GTI's?
I also see that there's an e30 staged tune for golf R's, but can that be applied to GTI's too?

thanks for any info.

Beta E30 GTI in testing phase, not out just yet. Think it will be aimed primarily at IS20 GTIs. With your set-up, email Ed or Patrick if they have anything canned that works, but I think custom will be your best and safest bet though.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
just installed my EQT Stage 1 93. However I didn't see the EQT TCU tune selectable in my options even tho I ordered it together with my ECU tune. Is it somehow a different name or did they possibly not load it in the AP when they sent it to me?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
just installed my EQT Stage 1 93. However I didn't see the EQT TCU tune selectable in my options even tho I ordered it together with my ECU tune. Is it somehow a different name or did they possibly not load it in the AP when they sent it to me?

Did you buy the AP from EQT with the DSG tune?