GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Clubsport build

CeeBeeKay

I don't see why this guy is getting such flak for buying a behind-the-seat roll bar. On the Vortex site as well, he was sharing his excitement with the purchase of this and the color choice. It's not even in the car yet, but a moderator is slinging snarky comments. Blood red? No constructive criticism instead? Kind of a big turn-off... Can we get some clarification here?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I don't see why this guy is getting such flak for buying a behind-the-seat roll bar. On the Vortex site as well, he was sharing his excitement with the purchase of this and the color choice. It's not even in the car yet, but a moderator is slinging snarky comments. Blood red? No constructive criticism instead? Kind of a big turn-off... Can we get some clarification here?
Because he has a car with tens of thousands of dollars in track specific mods and parts, but doesn’t track his car... not my money, I assume he has a lot.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Because he has a car with tens of thousands of dollars in track specific mods and parts, but doesn’t track his car... not my money, I assume he has a lot.
Even after reading this response I still don’t see a valid answer to the question.

More accurate of an answer can be handed in a multiple choice format
A.Little dic*
B.Fat wife
C.Tiny bank account
D. All of the above

Yes I’m also a firm believer that a cage or half cage in a street should always be padded, but not to the point where I’m gonna try a belittle someone over it... also before the “just looking out of for him” Save it... lol

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
How low is your ride height? From the pics it looks like you have lowered the car significantly. Are you putting in the cage mostly for looks?

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M

no pun towards you but tens of thousands really?
KW Clubsports are ment for the track only?
Brembo 6pot brakes for the track only?

I'm going on 43 and been doing this longer then most this is a dual purpose car.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
How low is your ride height? From the pics it looks like you have lowered the car significantly. Are you putting in the cage mostly for looks?
my ride height is set within the working range of the Clubsports 12.6 fender to centerbore

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M

experience make facts this is my third car with a roll bar from Wiechers not concerned, my C55 AMG love me some overkill brakes and suspension
IMG_0153_zpshxacuyot.jpg
DSC00028DSC00028_zpsnoygzy2f.jpg
20170401_152432_zpsfjqnxjjd.jpg
20170401_182931_zpsyxone59o.jpg
fullsizeoutput_333.jpeg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I appreciate the OEM Coolness factor here but that's a TON of money for something that's basically a glorified harness bar. Super sketchy mounting points on that...
shipping and exchange rate from Germany is not cheap, Wiechers have been around since the 70's in Germany the company is certified according to ISO9001:2008 and an officially recognized manufacturer of roll-cages meeting DMSB / FIA requirements and a long time builder/engineering and participant in the FIA WTCC Championship cars in Europe.

Whats sketchy to me is guy's who use Autopower and RSR I will risk it with the Germans.

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
man you would really hate the German scene then because those cats are on another level, go to Essen when you get a chance
I don’t mean to come off as a hater, I’m mostly just envious of your badass car parts. You clearly have the money, and you spend it well. Just seems like a waste to me. Like someone buying a GT3 when it’ll never be allowed to do what it is purposefully designed to do- rip up racetracks. Enjoy!