GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any coatings for an outside car?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I use TW hybrid ceramic and love it for the price and ease of application. I left my passenger door with collinite+powerlock combo to see which would last longer. Only time will tell when I start driving my gti in the winter again which will be soon.
Maybe when my TW bottle runs out I can give optimum opti seal a shot since I heard good things about that too.

I have used TW on three other cars, including my wife’s rav4 which sits outside. Hers is holding up still after three months and the car gets washed every 2-3 weeks.

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Another vote for TW Ice Seal N Shine + Ice Spray Wax. Just make sure to wash every few weeks, don't expect any coating to survive sap/bird droppings sitting on it for months.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I got my wash and Seal and Shine done this weekend. Fighting the leaves all the way! I am happy with it, and will reapply as needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 118

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
I also use Jescar's Power Lock + but its a major PITA to apply for how long it lasts.
Considering going to another product.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Collonite 845 just ran out so going to test the Seal N Shine out on the rear hatch and see how it holds up

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I finally got around to using seal n shine a few weeks ago. So far it's holding up pretty well. In the morning my roof is all beaded up and the water just rolls right off.

I also put aquapel on all my windows and I've been happy with that stuff too. Last time I used rain-x I had a problem with the windows fogging up at night, but aquapel hasn't given me any issues at all.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just finished the rear hatch.....Seal N Shine is very very similar to Recharge. Nicer weather today so I might do the roof and rear sections too.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I was able to get a coat of the new TW flex graphene wax on top of my seal and shine due to a sudden warm spell. No idea if it's good or bad yet. It's definitely has more gloss than seal and shine..feels very slick... hoping for even more resistance to water spots.

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
I've had good luck with spray on coatings, but did a full on ceramic coat on my GTI the day after I got it.

It's all in the prep work. If done right it will outlast any spray.

Attachments

• roof.png
    roof.png
    599.1 KB · Views: 95