GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Tried to flash the replacement ecu to stage 2 with Integrated Engineering tune , mid flash system says erasing and it gets stuck at 5% fans on full blast. Software says it will recover the ECU and now it's frozen at detecting engine 😮. I'm afraid to turn on the car . The P indicator is flashing with the wrench. God I hope this ecu doesn't get bricked.

Has anyone come across this issue?

F*ck it's bricked was stuck here at attempting detect for 30 plus minutes .

i guess it's time to contact IE for support . I'll be pulling the ecu this weekend
godspeed. waiting on jay to get in here to put IE on blast.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn, good luck.

I will only flash my car during Unitronic business hours for that reason. Just in case. Well I had computer related issues the first time I used it and they resolved them over the phone. Stage 2 I got a memory error and it was at midnight. I panicked but kept hitting retry and it went through. I remembered for K04 flash and did it mid day during the week. No issues.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Took the bricked ecu out , I attempted to put in the old semi faulty one. As soon as I put the key the in the ignition the immobilizer active message came up. I guess when the dealership programed the replacement ecu it deactivated my original one.

Now my question is can tunners unbrick an ecu? Will the have to crack open the bricked one to attempt the reprogram ?
I have a feeling that I'll be visiting the dealership again but this time it might have to be a brand new ecu 😑.

I'll be sending them a message in a bit. I hope they stand behind their product , this was 110% a software issue that resulted in the brick.
I have used their flash wizard 4 times previously, all self flashes, no problems . Followed the instructions as directed.
But to he honest if I have to pay out of pocket for a new ecu and labor. Im done with Integrated Engineering. I'm jump ship to unitronic

Damn, good luck.

I will only flash my car during Unitronic business hours for that reason. Just in case. Well I had computer related issues the first time I used it and they resolved them over the phone. Stage 2 I got a memory error and it was at midnight. I panicked but kept hitting retry and it went through. I remembered for K04 flash and did it mid day during the week. No issues.

Unfortunately integrated Engineering has no support over the phone it's all done over email. Only the sales dept has a contact number,but the wait seems to be ridiculous

Attachments

• PXL_20200923_215903585.jpg
    PXL_20200923_215903585.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 81
  • PXL_20200923_220915137.jpg
    PXL_20200923_220915137.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20200923_221801922.jpg
    PXL_20200923_221801922.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
What did the dealer do to it to make it work? Or did they not elaborate?
They didn't really elaborate,
I just told them to reprogram the used ecu to my car everything went smoothly according to them . Car was there for 3 hours if that. I was driving the car stock for the last 5 days.

When I connected the IE flash tool it said that my car was still stage 2 but no way was that a stage 2 tune . I just proceed the reflash the stage 2 file but that's when sh*t hit the fan.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
They didn't really elaborate,
I just told them to reprogram the used ecu to my car everything went smoothly according to them . Car was there for 3 hours if that. I was driving the car stock for the last 5 days.

When I connected the IE flash tool it said that my car was still stage 2 but no way was that a stage 2 tune . I just proceed the reflash the stage 2 file but that's when sh*t hit the fan.

Ok, so you weren't able to put the previous computer back to stock file? I'm not familiar with IE but since now you have a functioning used computer, you may need to start from the beginning. Or act like it is a 'new' vehicle if that makes sense. Load new ecu stock file to IE, then write IE stg 2.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Ok, so you weren't able to put the previous computer back to stock file? I'm not familiar with IE but since now you have a functioning used computer, you may need to start from the beginning. Or act like it is a 'new' vehicle if that makes sense. Load new ecu stock file to IE, then write IE stg 2.

The software never prompted about not being able to flash the same file.
Flashing it to stock file and going back to stage 2 may have been the right step, but I'm guessing at this point.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
meh I'm not going to rub salt in the wounds. Sucks for Achilles, I hope IE does the right thing for him and not turn their backs on him like they've done many times for other customers.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
STAY AWAY FROM INTEGRATED ENGINEERING

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Also broke my previous mpg record today! This is with roof racks too:

Attachments

• 20200924_102214.jpg
    20200924_102214.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
1600962064265.jpeg

Bad pic but does anyone know what kinda Aston this is? He was cruising past me and I only got a single pic before my exit

edit: nvm it’s a Vantage

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Also broke my previous mpg record today! This is with roof racks too:

That's awesome. Must live somewhere flat, the rolling hills around here murder my MPG except in the Touareg which still pulls 31MPG on my commute with the hills.

View attachment 186794
Bad pic but does anyone know what kinda Aston this is? He was cruising past me and I only got a single pic before my exit

edit: nvm it’s a Vantage

OMG are those black triangles the license lights? Those look terrible, like freaking bumper guards on a 70s grandma wagon.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
OMG are those black triangles the license lights? Those look terrible, like freaking bumper guards on a 70s grandma wagon.
I believe those are bumpers to comply with american highway rules.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
That's awesome. Must live somewhere flat
Yeah this was a flat 15 mi. Speed limits never went above 55 mph and I stayed in 5th or 6th gear most of the drive. I reset the MFA for the drive back and still got 37-38 mpg. This is at sea level, 70 degrees with 50% humidity, on 93 oct.