GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Oettinger spoiler that is gonna get painted gloss black.

20201002_131331.jpg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
^ leave it white

It's primed right now, so it has to be painted.

I was between white and black, but with the TCR gloss black rear diffuser and the gloss black "blades" on the sides I came down that gloss black would be my preferred look. There's also the gloss black shark fin and potentially going to install the black LED tails - I have them already going to do a test fit to evaluate the look.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Well, at the risk of being OT, I was just gifted a free Honda crf150 dirt bike that's been converted to be street legal, allegedly. Plus all the moto gear that goes with it. The boots, gloves, armored pants and jacket, etc etc.

I've ridden street bikes for years, but have never been off road. There's a decent bit of it near where I live - I think.

Anyone ride? Tips?
Don't die.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
gap seems a bit sus.

Just because it's not mounted, It fits right up in line on both sides if I hold it. I suspect its not lining up on without force because it needs the VHB tape on the mounting surfaces to fit right.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That is stunning. There's only 3 cars that I absolutely must have someday and that's one of them. Unfortunately they're getting harder and harder to find in decent condition.

There's a mint one driven by an old lady in my neighborhood. I want it so bad. All the ones I see for sale are clapped out and beat to death.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I got the GTI a friend. Not a VW, but I’ve always wanted one and it’s so much f**king fun. I forgot how much I loved high reving NA engines.

View attachment 187796

Major sad face here.
I had a silver AP2 just like that a few years back. Only owned it for a month and a half before some half-wit drunk moron smashed into me and totaled it. Didn't even get to make my first payment.
It was a bucket list car and I feel like it only barely counts since I had it for so short a time.
Enjoy it!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I got the GTI a friend. Not a VW, but I’ve always wanted one and it’s so much f**king fun. I forgot how much I loved high reving NA engines.

View attachment 187796
That is stunning. There's only 3 cars that I absolutely must have someday and that's one of them. Unfortunately they're getting harder and harder to find in decent condition.
Major sad face here.
I had a silver AP2 just like that a few years back. Only owned it for a month and a half before some half-wit drunk moron smashed into me and totaled it. Didn't even get to make my first payment.
It was a bucket list car and I feel like it only barely counts since I had it for so short a time.
Enjoy it!!
Neighbor let me borrow his on my midtour leave from S.Korea, summer of 2000....it was brand new.....he said "give it a whirl for the night". I spent all night over 7k rpm and thought for sure I'd blow the engine....that joker just kept handling it....awesome car.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
SRS-Tech fog light trim to make a Mk7.25. I bought a set off AliExpress, but they were for a regular Mk7 Golf, not GTI 😩. Total with shipping was about $240. It comes in raw fiberglass, will need to get it painted. Thinking gloss black or flat black. Worried that it might get chipped up. Sandman GTI has a write up. Overall fit is pretty good, they include a glue to bond to bumper.
304F7376-7647-48C8-AD68-0E85D5E9C92B.jpeg