GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

maintenance

andrewarteaga5

I was wondering what are the biggest problems for gti mk7 my gti is a 2015 and is roughly around 55 going to 56 thousand miles anything I should expect or get ready to fix ? I do have cold air intake installed as well

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I've had no issues so far, so I can't speak to much.

General ideas - If you have Pano roof, make sure you keep an eye out for leaks.
Check the rear spare tire area of the boot occasionally for water after a heavy rain or high pressure car wash - Known issues with the reverse camera drain tube rotting out and letting water drain into the boot. Also check the accordion style wire boots at the top of the hatch, as if the clips break/pop loose they can let water leak into the upper hatch.

If you tune, expect to cut the recommended intervals in half for oil and spark plug changes.

Make sure you keep up on changing out fluids - Brake fluid and Tranny fluid (If 09G 6sp auto) are not lifetime, tranny needs to be done at 80k. Brake fluid I think is ever 2 years after the first couple intervals.

Other than that, maybe keep an eye on the vacuum hoses and fluid levels between oil changes, check for fluid leaks, the normal stuff. Coolant and oil should be topped off as needed.

If manual and tuned, expect to upgrade your clutch or replace the stock sooner than normal. If DSG, I highly recommend you get the accompanying TCU tune from whatever tuner you choose.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Just do the regular maintenance and enjoy the car. If something is going to happen it’ll happen. If you plan on modding there are tons of great threads on here and experienced people who can help. Keep an eye on the water pump and thermostat they tend to fail. Sunroofs are notorious for leaking.